Greetings New here

LoneRangeFinderLoneRangeFinder Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 26, 2013 in Holy Macro
Just looking for a free exchange of ideas on macro photography and a place providing respectful feedback

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    Just looking for a free exchange of ideas on macro photography and a place providing respectful feedback

Welcome- hopefully you've found the right place.
    Brian v.
  • LoneRangeFinderLoneRangeFinder Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2013
    Welcome- hopefully you've found the right place.
    Brian v.

Thanks. I've tried adding some images and I've resized to the lowest quality. Still too large. Perhaps I'm missing something?
    edited October 25, 2013
    Fraid I don't upload to the gallery here but just link them from my flickr gallery.
    I gather though that photos can only be 800px wide max.
    Brian V.
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2013
    Fraid I don't upload to the gallery here but just link them from my flickr gallery.
    I gather though that photos can only be 800px wide max.
    Brian V.

I thought it was more than that? Your image here
    10173637064_d7ef0fe2ce_n.jpg
    Lacewing #2 by Lord V, on Flickr

is 957 px long-side on FLICKR. When viewed here on Smug http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241779 the image info also shows it at 957px. I looked at a few of mine and they appear to vary. Some of them give the original FLICKR size but then say 'rescaled to...' others are just left as they are. Does any one from Smug know what happens?
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
    edited October 25, 2013

'Respectful' there's a word from the past rolleyes1.gif But I'm sure you will find it here. Welcome to you!.
    edited October 25, 2013

is 957 px long-side on FLICKR. When viewed here on Smug http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241779 the image info also shows it at 957px. I looked at a few of mine and they appear to vary. Some of them give the original FLICKR size but then say 'rescaled to...' others are just left as they are. Does any one from Smug know what happens?

800 px is the limit for attached images.
    The limit for embedded (ie linked images) is much bigger (not sure what It actually is) but images may be dynamically resized depending on the browser window size.
    Brian v.
    edited October 25, 2013
    ... but images may be dynamically resized depending on the browser window size.
    Brian v.
    Yes, I think so. If I resize my window from full size to a smaller size by dragging a corner, the 'rescaled to...' figure gets less. That presumably is just the browser doing that. I've never tried loading a much larger size image to here. Would be useful for macro images to zoom in and see details? You can do that on FLICKR if the image has a large size uploaded
    edited October 26, 2013
    'Respectful' there's a word from the past rolleyes1.gif But I'm sure you will find it here. Welcome to you!.

Thanks for the welcome!
    edited October 26, 2013

Love the Lacewing!