Options

Clicked "preview" new Smugmug, cannot go back?

littlerootlittleroot Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited October 28, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I hope I have the right forum. If not, feel free to let me know.

Q. how to undo this? Since clicking to preview my site in the new smugmug, every time I go to my homepage now - while logged in - it wants me to pick a theme. I don't like any of them and want to go back. How?

FYI, What I am not liking in what I see in the preview tempaltes is a list view. Since this site is not my website, I just want this page to be a list of events, but sure I'd like it to look better if I can have both. I mean, if they can have the events list shown at the top and centered on my homepage I'd be OK with the new version.

Please let me know answers to both if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    picturebikepicturebike Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    did you have a legacy site that you migrated to new smugmug to preview the new designs ? if so at the top of the screen you should see visit legacy smugmug click that and it will go back to your old site. you will have to always do this now though as once you migrate to the new smug theres no way to reverse it
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    littleroot wrote: »
    Q. how to undo this? Since clicking to preview my site in the new smugmug, every time I go to my homepage now - while logged in - it wants me to pick a theme. I don't like any of them and want to go back. How?...
    Just pick Smugmug light or dark theme. It will basically be the same as your legacy site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2013
    Ug
    Nope, there is no "legacy" link. Maybe they removed it. Why in the world would choosing "preview" make an unreversable change like this? There should be a warning which says if you preview, your home page will be changed forever when you're logged in. I will email support and see if they can undo this.

Thanks for the reply!
    -Bob
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    Nope, there is no "legacy" link. Maybe they removed it. Why in the world would choosing "preview" make an unreversable change like this? There should be a warning which says if you preview, your home page will be changed forever when you're logged in. I will email support and see if they can undo this.

Thanks for the reply!
    -Bob
    "Preview" won't do it. You have to click "UNVEIL NEW SMUGMUG" in the upper right corner. Then it will ask if you're sure.

The only place a Preview button shows is after you click Customize > customize site on any page.
    When exiting the customize page
    ... there's a Preview button to the left of the Done button.
    There is no "UNVEIL NEW SMUGMUG" in the upper right corner until you exit customize.
    On a customize page there is no "legacy" link at the top until you exit customize.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    Thanks, everyone. I was able to get the team to undo what I did for now. I need to leave as is through end of year but soon after the 1st I am switching.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Thanks, everyone. I was able to get the team to undo what I did for now. I need to leave as is through end of year but soon after the 1st I am switching.

I have not unveiled yet, and what I do is never use "preview". Always use "publish". Publish will be viewable by you only. To me it's the same as "save and apply" for my eyes only. Then when I click edit site again, I pick up right where I left off.

One thing I have noticed is that when I was playing with different theme choices, I need to publish each section separately. So when I published while editing the homepage, next time if I opened the site to edit and visited entire site, I might have an old theme. Once I had applied the one and only theme I wanted to work with, to each section, and published it, then the entire site was congruent with the one theme.

This is pretty easy, "publish".