Options

My First Engagement Session

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited November 1, 2013 in Weddings
Don't normally do this type of shooting, but did it for my nephew. He is a Marine/firefighter, so the theme is pretty obvious. I am pretty stoked with the results. Here are a few of my favs. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.......
i-brTXSkd-xl.jpg
i-wPd9Cdq-xl.jpg
i-74QSMcR-L.jpg
i-2Gs3czk-XL.jpg
i-6S5d2vx-XL.jpg
i-XcNkbWK-XL.jpg
i-qchfBZB-XL.jpg
i-KPBdKzp-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    I really like some of them, however photos #1, 2, and 5 are kinda weird, the lighting or the depth of field is throwing me off. How were those photos taken?
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    They'll like them, and it's not a bad set, although possibly need a little tweaking:

1 & 2 are underexposed - brighten 'em up

Generally, women aren't flattered by posing square on to camera; next time, get her to bend and angle more. I get what you were going for in those, but even with that, bend some joints and get her to angle her body just a little.

My favorites are #5 and 7 - I might burn her legs a little darker so they don't compete for attention in 5, but it's a good "we're engaged" traditional shot. LOVE the ring on the hat!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2013
    I agree with the comments to lighten up the first two. I really like the pose in #3, but his face especially is too dark. The poses in #2 and #4 looks a bit awkward and stiff, and #3 and #5 are not flattering to her. #1, #6, #7 and #8 are winners--just need a little tweaking!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2013
    my fav no 3 !!