Options

HELP.. zoom browser closes

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited August 24, 2004 in Finishing School
Drat and dang..

Zoom browser program decides to do this.. it may have been something to do with I booted with the card in the card reader but removed and booted ok. since then I've got this error message. I did a long scan of c: drive and all seems well, uninstalled zoombrowser and reinstalled and all was well. Worked in program since but on trying to upload images from card just now.. error message pops up again and program closes.

Any ideas?? I've unplugged card reader (Lexar) and plan to try camera upload..

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    I think you are saying that ZB works since the re-install, but you can't read the card? If so, have you tried formatting the card? Perhaps it was corrupted by being connected during a reboot...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I think you are saying that ZB works since the re-install, but you can't read the card? If so, have you tried formatting the card? Perhaps it was corrupted by being connected during a reboot...ne_nau.gif
    Thats a thought... I'll reinstall zoom browser and format...please hope it works.. I can't access my pictures in the camera...:cry
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2004
    I'm getting quite anxious now... I unplugged the card reader. I uninstalled Zoom Browser. I formatted the card. Reinstalled zoombrowser and before doing anything I opened zoom Browser and the error popped up.. have I caused some kind of error in my os? How else can I view and download files from my camera..

eek7.gif
    I think it's fixed.. I did a chkdsk.. no change.. so I noticed that while zoom b was loading the thumbnails is when the error message came up. I deleted ALL the pics in the program and re booted. Formatted evrything in sight and it seems ok. Methinks one of those pictures was causing that close down.. any comments? I'm always eager to learn.. I wade through a new hard drive about every 6 months... or so it seems.umph.gif
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    All it would take is one corrupt file or thumbnail to create these problems. You probably did good by deleting it. But your logic was definitely on track. You eliminated the possibility of it being the card and camera which only left the program and computer as culprits. Catching that thumbnail load was great. Hopefully this thread will help someone else out in the future.

My last resort would have been deleting all instances of Zoom Browser from the registry but that is really a last resort. Minor incorrect changes in the registry can render your OS dead.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF