Options

[Duplicate] Lightroom/Smugmug still blanking out titles

martintylermartintyler Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited October 29, 2013 in Bug Reporting
In lightroom my photos have titles, I upload them to Smugmug using a publish service, and the titles are gone.

I can't narrow this down much further, but it's not consistent.

I setup a new gallery using a publish service yesterday, with new photos, all of which had titles. This all seemed to work. If I update the photo - from Lightroom - whether it is just a meta data update, or update the whole photo the title seems to stay, all good.

However, another gallery, part of the same publish service in Lightroom, that has been there for some time, with titles - i recently added captions in Lightroom and updated. And now in Smugmug the captions are there but the titles are missing. If I add in a title on SM and do a meta data update from LR the title on SM stays, but if I do a full update from LR it blanks the title on SM.

At this time I cannot see any difference between the two galleries, other than their history.

I remember seeing this and reporting it when the new Smugmug first went live.

Is this a Smugmug issue, a LR plugin issue or an LR issue? It's the latest LR plugin (it prompted be to updated before I used it this time)

I am happy to help debug this, just point me to log files or whatever.

I could manually add in the titles on SM, but I don't want to, especially thinking that I might lose them again.

Comments

• Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    My titles are going through from LR to SM just fine...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 27, 2013
    This issue only occurs on replacing an image, and it's SM backend issue rather than a LR issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 27, 2013
    I've marked this thread of a duplicate.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2013
    Thanks for linking, at least confirms to me i'm not the only one

This was first reported long before the thread you linked to. I am amazed at how badly bugs like these are being treated - all I ever hear about is how great Smugmug customer service is, but my experience is the exact opposite. Not a single bug I raised has been fixed since the new Smugmug as far as I can tell - only even had comments by employees on one or two of them.

I hate to be someone that moans on a forum, but this is getting tiresome now.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Thanks for linking, at least confirms to me i'm not the only one

This was first reported long before the thread you linked to. I am amazed at how badly bugs like these are being treated - all I ever hear about is how great Smugmug customer service is, but my experience is the exact opposite. Not a single bug I raised has been fixed since the new Smugmug as far as I can tell - only even had comments by employees on one or two of them.

I hate to be someone that moans on a forum, but this is getting tiresome now.

Martin, as I said in my email, I apologize, and I wish you didn't feel that way. Most of the "bugs" you have reported are actually product and feature requests. We do see all of these, but we have a laundry list of Dgrin issues we are working on. When something crucial is a raised, rest assured, we put that towards the top of the priority list.

All of your feature requests have been submitted, and we will keep you posted on any updates.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    Interesting you posted this on this thread... this one IS a bug surely? as is the way filenames/titles/captions are handled, and the favicon one (in my opinion)
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Interesting you posted this on this thread... this one IS a bug surely? as is the way filenames/titles/captions are handled, and the favicon one (in my opinion)

Yes, this was a general response to your inquires, not necessarily for this issue you describe. I have this one in test.