Options

Browse

DummkopfDummkopf Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
When clicking on Browse, instead of showing Folders, which used to be Categories, is there a way to show all the Galleries instead. SmugView on my iPhone does it.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    I'm thinking you may need to add a "Folder, Galleries, Pages" content block to the page that "Browse" is pointing to.

navigate to the Browse landing page
    Customize > JUST THIS PAGE (edited this after advice from Allen. See Post #3)
    Right hand side ... make sure "Content Tab" is selected
    Go down to "Navigation" and click on the + sign
    Grab the "Folders, galleries and pages" content block and drag it to your desired location on the page
    (green rectangle will appear - let go of mouse button when it is where you want it)
    Click "Done" > "Publish Now"

Hope that works for you.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Do not add the "Folders, galleries and pages" with "all folders" highlighted. I think that will add it to every folder page.
    Hightlight "Just this page" and add the "Folders, galleries and pages" box. Set "select from" to ""top level" or "Folder | Choose".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    Thanks Allen
    I just copied and pasted some help I gave some-one else and didn't check carefully enough.
    My bad
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
  • Options
    DummkopfDummkopf Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2013
    First thanks for the help. Unfortunately when I go to Customize I don't have JUST THIS PAGE, but I do have MAKE THIS PAGE CUSTOM. Is that what is meant. When I do click on MAKE THIS PAGE CUSTOM, I get an alert that says "By making this Page custom, you are separating it from your All Page customizations, and it will no longer inherit customizations made at that level."

Sorry, but I have no idea what is being talked about. This is when I stopped!
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    Yes - choose that option.
    It is saying "do you only want these changes to this page of your website?" - YES
    If YES, please realise that some customisations that you apply site wise may not get picked up on this page.
    We are not quite sure yet at what level of customisation this will get applied to your "custom pages" ... still awaiting clarification from Smugmug.

BUT to achieve what you want you will need to choose YES and YES .... everyone else is doing it this way. So go ahead and make this page custom.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    As I understand it "entire site" CSS means on entire site. "Just this ...." is part of entire site so "entire site" applies.
    If you want to override any CSS in "entire site", "Just this ..." CSS allows you to do that.
    In legacy you had to override general CSS rules with specific CSS rules. "Just this ..." is that specific CSS.
    Clear as mud?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    A thread with useful info (esp towards the end): http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=242064