Ideas for my Christmas cards

robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
edited December 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
Every year I try to make some Christmas cards to send out with my photos. This year I was running late on time and didn't get a chance to take any new photos. I used this photo from Pier 39 last year and added some fun filters.

Here's the photo as taken, this was using my Canon EOS 3, and Ultra Color 100 film. Very low res scan.

48487423-L.jpg

After I fixed the tilted tree (blame it on my plastic tripod) and increased the saturation. Then I used the cut out filter to give the image a vector looking image. I was trying to make this look like a simple silk screen type artwork but didn't have that pop. I added the star bursts by using the air brush tool.

48486902-L.jpg

I think I didn't achive the simple look that you get with silk screens but still has a very strange look. Either way I think it will be a different style of Christmas card this year. :D

Thanks,
Rob
Enjoying photography since 1980.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Looks Good
    Every year I try to make some Christmas cards to send out with my photos. This year I was running late on time and didn't get a chance to take any new photos. I used this photo from Pier 39 last year and added some fun filters.
    Here's the photo as taken, this was using my Canon EOS 3, and Ultra Color 100 film. Very low res scan.
    After I fixed the tilted tree (blame it on my plastic tripod) and increased the saturation. Then I used the cut out filter to give the image a vector looking image. I was trying to make this look like a simple silk screen type artwork but didn't have that pop. I added the star bursts by using the air brush tool.
    I think I didn't achive the simple look that you get with silk screens but still has a very strange look. Either way I think it will be a different style of Christmas card this year. :D

Thanks,
    Rob
    Hi Rob......I do like the finished image, its colourful and abstract, and you made it :D and that is what makes it even more beautiful.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Cool idea! Looks good!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
  • robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Thanks! I just got the picture printed on my cards and then had some custom gift cards made at Wal Mart. They actually don't look bad in a small format.

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.