Options

Red Deer Stags and Hind.

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited October 28, 2013 in Wildlife
I took these last week in the Galloway Forest of South West Scotland. Unfortunately the rut had almost finished. C & C always welcome.
Bob
RF1A0035-X3.jpg
RF1A0114-X3.jpg
RF1A0118-X3.jpg
RF1A0203-X3.jpg
RF1A0207-X3.jpg
RF1A0233-X3.jpg
RF1A0283-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Nice series. I like #4 best because of the expression on the deer's face as well as the way the photo is composed or cropped. Also I like the way its face is lit in that photo. I prefer #4 to #6 because #6 is cropped so much tighter, and the deer's eye isn't as wide open and interesting as in #4. The detail in #6 is wonderful, though. I also like #5 for that great rack, but wonder if the photo would look a little better if you could see more of its shoulder-i.e. not cropped quite so tight? Thanks for posting--I appreciate getting to see these deer, which we don't have here in the swamps! Best, Pam
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    PGM wrote: »
    Nice series. I like #4 best because of the expression on the deer's face as well as the way the photo is composed or cropped. Also I like the way its face is lit in that photo. I prefer #4 to #6 because #6 is cropped so much tighter, and the deer's eye isn't as wide open and interesting as in #4. The detail in #6 is wonderful, though. I also like #5 for that great rack, but wonder if the photo would look a little better if you could see more of its shoulder-i.e. not cropped quite so tight? Thanks for posting--I appreciate getting to see these deer, which we don't have here in the swamps! Best, Pam

Thanks Pam for looking and commenting which I really appreciate. If I may add all the images are as I took them and I haven't done any cropping. The ones where you think have been cropped I would agree I should have zoomed further out. Most people like photo 4 the best.
    Cheers
    Bob