Options

Sort-rage

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited November 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
:bash

Every time I have to select a Featured Image using the Choose Photo dialog, I feel like throwing my laptop across the room. I have a lot of galleries! The Choose Photo dialog sorts them alphabetically, giving me no choice to change that to sort my most recently modified, or the like. "Where the heck is that gallery I just added!" #&$%^*!@#!!

Any hacks, customizations or suggestions to sort the Choose Photo dialog contents?

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Have a look here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=242151
    Not sure if it is your problem ... but to get sorting to work you have to ensure the settings are correct in TWO places
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Thanks - my issue is not with the gallery ordering itself, but with the Choose Photo dialog that is used to select Featured Images.

EDIT - and also the "Choose one or more galleries" dialog. Basically any dialog for selecting photos or galleries needs a sorting option.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Are you using "Organiser" to select your "feature photo"?

Navigate to the gallery that you want to set the feature photo for.
    Click on it to highlight it.
    Click on settings and then on feature photo ... should open dialogue box showing the photos within that gallery

I still may be misinterpreting what you are wanting.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    Thank you for your continued help!
    Yes, I think we're on the same page. It's that dialogue box you referred to which doesn't have any sort options.
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Are you using "Organiser" to select your "feature photo"?

Navigate to the gallery that you want to set the feature photo for.
    Click on it to highlight it.
    Click on settings and then on feature photo ... should open dialogue box showing the photos within that gallery

I still may be misinterpreting what you are wanting.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2013
    ????????? I have to admit I am lost as to what you are trying to do.
    I thought you were trying to set a photo as the "featured photo" for a gallery. That doesn't have nor would it need to have a "sort" facility.

If you are trying to sort the photos within a particular gallery, then that is done in "Organizer". Select the gallery then use the "sort" facility in the top right corner.

As I said though, I really am not sure what you are asking. Perhaps some-one with a clearer head can help.