copy design

aztek081aztek081 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited November 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
is there a way to make a copy my current design, so i have 2 designs of the same site ?

Comments

• ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Unfortunately, no, you can't copy a theme you have modified, to a new theme.
    You can make a brand new theme, choosing the same as the first, such as "turbo", and modify that, and save as a different name.
  • CastleIslandPhotoCastleIslandPhoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no, you can't copy a theme you have modified, to a new theme.
    You can make a brand new theme, choosing the same as the first, such as "turbo", and modify that, and save as a different name.

Let's be clear on terms because there is a big difference between theme and design. A design is the overall layout of your site, including headers, sidebars, footers, and menus, while the theme controls color scheme, fonts, background image, and transparency. You can reuse the same theme in different designs.

It looks like you can't make a copy of an existing site design, which is too bad. If I could take my existing design and tweak it, just for the holidays, or senior portrait season, while keeping my original design intact, that would be epically useful.