mbonocore wrote: »
    Today, we added the ability to populate the map with more options

You can now populate the map with these options:

* Recent
    * Popular
    * Galleries I Choose
    * Photos I Choose
    * Keywords

How does it define "recent'? Oh, if only we could define that ourselves. When you're in a gallery, can you now access a map with all the photos from that gallery?
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    ...When you're in a gallery, can you now access a map with all the photos from that gallery?
    You can now. When in a gallery click a globe under any geo tagged photo and all the geo tagged
    photos show on the map.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Can you choose a folder of your choosing?
    And even better, say 'Current Folder' so that the map can be put in as a standard style in certain folders or galleries, rather than making the whole folder or gallery custom...?
    (although this would probably require the ability to properly cascade styles through a folder and it's sub-folders which is not possible yet, as far as I know - or please, please tell me it is!)

And please, please, can we get some indication of when there are any images in a gallery that have mapping on them at a folder/gallery level, rather than having to locate an image first that has a little globe and only THEN being able to see all the images that are also tagged.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
    edited June 9, 2014
    Can we get an indication of whether anything further is being done with the mapping functions?

Will we be able to display more than 200 pins?

Will we be able to select a folder (and therefore by default the images in all sub-folders and galleries)?

Will there be a good and obvious indicator at the gallery level that images are mapped in that gallery, instead of having to find a mapped image before it being obvious...?
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2014
    kimbomac wrote: »
    Can we get an indication of whether anything further is being done with the mapping functions?

Will we be able to select a folder (and therefore by default the images in all sub-folders and galleries)?

Will there be a good and obvious indicator at the gallery level that images are mapped in that gallery, instead of having to find a mapped image before it being obvious...?

We are always working on improving! I will bring your questions to the developer and see.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 10, 2014
    Here's another one ... if I turn off "Enable Map Features" why does it still put a map on the "Info" tooltip pop-up with the saying "No Map Data." I've turned OFF the map ... I don't want it to show up and take up valuable space when there's no map data. If there's no map data there should be NO MAP!

Here's the CSS to turn off the map, thus, getting what I want (why didn't the developer do this?!):
    /* Hide the map on the “Info” overlay */
    /* hide the map */
    .sm-map-container, .sm-imageinfo-nomapdata-overlay { display: none !important; }

/* move the actual info up */}
    .sm-imageinfo-container { top: 0px !important; 

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited June 10, 2014
    We are always working on improving! I will bring your questions to the developer and see.

Yay! Thank you! I would be most appreciative!
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 26, 2014

Hey kimbomac,

Dunno if you happened to notice, but we increased the number of pins to 1,000 a few days ago. As far as I can tell, the performance has been pretty good, considering. Let us know what your experiences are.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2014
    Baldy wrote: »
    Hey kimbomac,

Dunno if you happened to notice, but we increased the number of pins to 1,000 a few days ago. As far as I can tell, the performance has been pretty good, considering. Let us know what your experiences are.

Thanks,
    Baldy

Baldy

thanks for this. It seems to work fine. I can now get a complete view of my nature lists. This is one example http://paultavares.smugmug.com/Wildlife/MNG/MGA/MmyBirds/MyBW
    edited June 27, 2014
    Hey kimbomac,

Thanks,
    Baldy

I haven't tried it yet, but assume it would work if you set out to do that! Yay, you guys rock! I am heading off right away to change my holiday gallery to show the lot!

Woot and thanks again!

K.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • ThePhotoRunThePhotoRun Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2014
    Is there a way to have the map, map my business location? If so, please advise.
    edited July 1, 2014
    I haven't tried it yet, but assume it would work if you set out to do that! Yay, you guys rock! I am heading off right away to change my holiday gallery to show the lot!

Woot and thanks again!

K.

Sorry for not updating when that happened :(

My fault. It got lost in a crazy day on my end.
    edited July 1, 2014

As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to embed a Google Map in your site at the moment.
    edited July 1, 2014
    As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to embed a Google Map in your site at the moment.

That would be an awesome thing to have though! Another content widget idea??

Our camera club website would hugely benefit from that.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
    edited July 1, 2014
    Clicking "Photo Info" and looking at the map I can click other mapped photos in the gallery. I'd like to see
    the exif data change to the new photo clicked, not stay on original photo.
    Any thoughts?
    edited July 3, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Clicking "Photo Info" and looking at the map I can click other mapped photos in the gallery. I'd like to see
    the exif data change to the new photo clicked, not stay on original photo.
    Any thoughts?

Allen, can you point me to a specific starting point in your galleries where I can see this in action?
    edited July 3, 2014
    Allen, can you point me to a specific starting point in your galleries where I can see this in action?
    This happens in every gallery with multiple mapped photos.
    One example
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Missouri-Bird-Photos-A-G

Click Photo Info
    expand map
    zoom out to see other icons besides green one (current photo)
    clicking other icons thumb pops up but the exif data stays for the green icon.
    Be nice if it cycled for each thumb icon

Not a big deal, just happen to see the exif data not changing
  • ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2014

Why not upload an image (say your company logo) then geotag the image with your company address. Then you can add a map block to your "contact " page and specify that image to show on the map.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    edited July 5, 2014
    ande8150 wrote: »
    Why not upload an image (say your company logo) then geotag the image with your company address. Then you can add a map block to your "contact " page and specify that image to show on the map.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

I had an image of a map that was geotagged, and which I displayed on my site as a single image. Of course, it is difficult to find the map associated with it, as described elsewhere. But it never occurred to me to try it the other way around and display the map, with the image tagged on it!

Thanks for this very ingenious idea! It is still slightly limiting in that it doesn't let me plot a path from my location to the pin location as it would if it was more tightly integrated with a map system, but it is good enough to get the job done!

Your genius knows know bounds! ;-) Thanks again.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2014
    I had an image of a map that was geotagged, and which I displayed on my site as a single image. Of course, it is difficult to find the map associated with it, as described elsewhere. But it never occurred to me to try it the other way around and display the map, with the image tagged on it!

Thanks for this very ingenious idea! It is still slightly limiting in that it doesn't let me plot a path from my location to the pin location as it would if it was more tightly integrated with a map system, but it is good enough to get the job done!

Your genius knows know bounds! ;-) Thanks again.

Glad it worked for you. I agree, the map block could use many more features.
    edited July 20, 2014
    Hey kimbomac,

Thanks,
    Baldy

I changed my number of pins to 1000, but it has slowed the particular page down considerably. And there is nothing to indicate that it is doing anything at all. I don't mind the slow response in the map, terribly, but I wish that at least there was a response with displaying the galleries on the page, and the map and pins can appear gradually as it gathers them. Right now, the whole page just sits there blank with no action until all the pins have been organised.

Can this be improved at all?

I have since changed my page to only display 500 pins and it's still not great, but better.
    http://www.featurephotography.net/Kimbomac/Holidays

K.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)