Options

Add a Loading indicator while scrolling

bkrodgersbkrodgers Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 31, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I've noticed that especially when I'm using the mobile site, it often is slow to load all the images. That's mainly just due to a slower connection. It's great that it starts by loading the first few and then loads more as you scroll. But when you get to the end of what's loading, there's no indication that there's more still to load. On a fast connection that's not a big deal, as it loads the next group pretty quick. But on the slower connection, it may be 10-20 seconds (or more) from when you hit the "end" of the gallery page to when the next group shows up. With no "loading" indicator, it's difficult for users to tell if they've reached the end of the gallery.

It would also be ideal if rather than waiting for the user to scroll to the very bottom, it started loading more images either continuously until complete, or when scrolling but prior to the end of the page. This would make scrolling through the gallery much less jumpy. Right now, it's scroll, stop, wait for load, scroll, stop, wait for load, etc. It's more pronounced on mobile, but it's noticeable to some extent even on a fast Wi-Fi connection.

This is all with the collage view. I'm not sure how others behave.

Fellow users, if you agree, please vote here:
http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4848496-add-indicator-for-loading-and-improve-process