Options

publish one gallery

zshutterzshutter Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 1, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
is it possible to publish just one gallery and leave all the others in legacy mode for the time being?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    If you have not unveiled "Publish" means "save changes" and until you "Unveil" your NewSmug is not visible to the public.
    They can only see your legacy site. When you "unveil" your NewSmug replaces your whole legacy site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    zshutter wrote: »
    is it possible to publish just one gallery and leave all the others in legacy mode for the time being?

Publish is private. It's the same as "Save and show me what I saved but keep everything private".

To add to what Allen said, Legacy and "Publish in new SM" encompass the entire site. Legacy will show all your site in legacy mode. Publish, after you modify or customize anything at all, whether that be "entire site," "all folders", "all galleries," or "just this page", will Publish the entire site in the new format. If you didn't change anything at all except one page, you'll still be able to see the new format for everything (in Publish - which is private to you only).

Just flip back and forth between Legacy and "Customize Site - Publish". Those are the two worlds.

Unveil is where you leave Legacy behind forever.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited October 31, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Publish is private. It's the same as "Save and show me what I saved but keep everything private".
    Keep in mind that this is the case only before you have unveiled.

Once you unveil Publish means publish this on my site, making it visible to all of your viewers.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Keep in mind that this is the case only before you have unveiled.

Once you unveil Publish means publish this on my site, making it visible to all of your viewers.

--- Denise

Thanks for that Denise. Since I haven't unveiled, I see I need to understand the Unveil rules much better.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited October 31, 2013
    Thanks for that Denise. Since I haven't unveiled, I see I need to understand the Unveil rules much better.
    It's only confusing before you unveil. Once you unveil Publish really means Publish!

--- Denise
  • Options
    zshutterzshutter Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2013
    Yes, as I thought but it would be reassuring to publish and unveil just one gallery to see how it all looks and works first before unveiling every thing.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    zshutter wrote: »
    Yes, as I thought but it would be reassuring to publish and the unveil just one gallery to see how it all looks and works first before unveiling very thing.

Hmm, well, "publish" is the same as unveil in the sense of what you see in Publish is what everyone will see when you Unveil. Denise can correct me if this is not accurate.
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2013
    Hmm, well, "publish" is the same as unveil in the sense of what you see in Publish is what everyone will see when you Unveil. Denise can correct me if this is not accurate.

With the caveat that what you see before you unveil is your logged-in view. You can't see what your visitors will actually see. This has caused people a lot of problems, for example when they are sourcing things like slideshows from private galleries. You might still be in for a surprise when you unveil... and have a lot of fixing to do.

Dave