R1 Portraits - Candids

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in People
R1 shows nice details: #1 is a crop from #2 which is a crop from #3.
All pictures are shot in RAW. So much easier to handle in pp. I'm addicted to RAW now :)

48514057-L.jpg

48514071-L.jpg

48514142-L.jpg

48513771-L.jpg

48513933-L.jpg

48514264-L.jpg

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    R1 shows nice details: #1 is a crop from #2 which is a crop from #3.
    All pictures are shot in RAW. So much easier to handle in pp. I'm addicted to RAW now :)

1ST - CONGRATS ON THE R1! 2nd seeing your grandchildren is always a treat!!!
    so now that you got the R1 - what do you think about it compared to the 828?? i have the R1 - havent used it recently, but feel it is essentially the 828 with no pf and more detailed images. the R1 complements my gear but if i did not have a dslr with longer lenses the R1 wouldnt suffice. lastly how do you feel about the AF in low light situations? What flash are you using?

sorry about so many questions but i trust your responses very much!

troy
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    R1 answers
    windoze wrote:
    1ST - CONGRATS ON THE R1! 2nd seeing your grandchildren is always a treat!!!
    so now that you got the R1 - what do you think about it compared to the 828?? i have the R1 - havent used it recently, but feel it is essentially the 828 with no pf and more detailed images. the R1 complements my gear but if i did not longer lenses the R1 wouldnt suffice. lastly how do you feel about the AF in low light situations? What flash are you using?

sorry about so many questions but i trust your responses very much!

troy
    Troy, yes, I agree it's a better 828, but also a different ballgame. I've become much more critical about the jpeg quality. I think this has to do with the nice colors and softness of the RAW. I'm not selling the 828. It has much more tele and yes the low light is pretty bad with the R1. This cam swallows light and when it can the pictures are really good. I have tested low light situations where the R1 did not give the green light or only after 5 or 6 sec. The 828 AF worked within 1 or 2 sec. I do not use the red AF light, which I think is only usable, when there are no people or animals to shoot. I use the Sony f32x. It does pretty well.

I love to talk about this so ask as many questions as you like :D
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    VERY nice shots, with well remained detail in the highlights.
    Congratulations! clap.gif

Regards,
    Andreas
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Woo, you got some website!
    Nordic wrote:
    VERY nice shots, with well remained detail in the highlights.
    Congratulations! clap.gif

Regards,
    Andreas

I had a quick look and you have some nice work there to show!
    Thnx for your kind words!