Options

The QVMS Volleyball season is underway!

DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited October 31, 2013 in Sports
The middle school volleyball season is underway in our league so I thought I'd post up a few shots from a couple of matches that were held this month. They all have photographic issues, not the least of which is light-flicker white balance, but since CIF rules prohibit flash for volleyball, I'm stuck trying to work around the issue in post and have yet to come up with anything satisfactory, so any suggestions would be much appreciated (with respect to that or any other issue - there are always a variety to choose from with my photos :D). Anyway, enough said, here they are:

1)
i-b9VqCM6-X3.jpg

2)
i-T7wtLjF-X3.jpg

3)
i-tQCtLHz-X3.jpg

4)
i-kg5SLkM-X3.jpg

5)
i-J8wfBVX-X3.jpg

6)
i-qxcrdTG-X3.jpg
Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    Holy Sox Batman!! At least you have something to grab focus on. :D
    Nice work. I particularly like #5.
    As far as WB, I've found that the net tape gives me the best neutral target. There's no way to do a global fix. You have to do each shot, or just accept the weirdness. For instance, IMO there's a pinkish cast to the top tape in #3. I wonder what would happen to the photo if you corrected that to neutral.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    Icebear wrote: »
    Holy Sox Batman!! At least you have something to grab focus on. :D
    Nice work. I particularly like #5.
    As far as WB, I've found that the net tape gives me the best neutral target. There's no way to do a global fix. You have to do each shot, or just accept the weirdness. For instance, IMO there's a pinkish cast to the top tape in #3. I wonder what would happen to the photo if you corrected that to neutral.

Yeah, the socks are great! They help quite a bit given that the gym, or "Pit of Despair" as I like to affectionately refer to it requires ISO 12800 f/2.8 to get a ball stopping shutter speed. Here is that number 3 reworked and white balanced again with some help making what are supposed to be purple jerseys purple. I have not quite figured out how to get them to actually look purple, custom WB or not, in that gym.

3) reworked
    i-BSz6G93-X3.jpg
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com