Options

Increase time lightbox text stays on screen.

SparkySparky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited November 5, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
How do change the amount of time the text in the lightbox stays on screen? It seems to disappear almost immediately after opening up and I want people to have time to see all the options. I have added some customizations already like changing the text etc if that makes a difference.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2013
    I can't help with the lightbox question - but I visited your VIBRANT site - and - just a comment - the thumbnails on your home page do draw one in, to the point where I wanted to click and go to a gallery. But - they are not clickable! You might consider changing the format to all them to be clickable. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! I would like to do that but the photos I'm using are in an unlisted gallery, so they would go there and not the individual galleries. I did this so they wouldn't have watermarks on them. I'm really waiting to see if Smug comes through with a full screen slideshow, I'm a little nervous to try messing around with the workaround you and others have helped people with.
    Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more problems to solve!
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2013
    Sparky wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! I would like to do that but the photos I'm using are in an unlisted gallery, so they would go there and not the individual galleries. I did this so they wouldn't have watermarks on them. I'm really waiting to see if Smug comes through with a full screen slideshow, I'm a little nervous to try messing around with the workaround you and others have helped people with.
    Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more problems to solve!

I too use cover images in an unlisted gallery for my sub-categories, and a few galleries. When clicked they open the gallery itself, and do not go to the image. The way to do this is to go to Customize>Gallery Settings> Feature Image and then navigate to your unlisted folder. You do not have to choose an image from the gallery itself. Just hit that little "home" icon to the far left in the upper left corner.
  • Options
    picomomentspicomoments Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2013
    Sparky wrote: »
    How do change the amount of time the text in the lightbox stays on screen? It seems to disappear almost immediately after opening up and I want people to have time to see all the options. I have added some customizations already like changing the text etc if that makes a difference.
    Thanks.

Hi Sparky,

Any luck with the delay? I would actually want the nav arrows to remain on the screen, especially when clients are viewing it on an iPad, they got to keep tapping the image for the nav arrows to appear. Very annoying... :-(
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2013
    Hi Sparky,

Any luck with the delay? I would actually want the nav arrows to remain on the screen, especially when clients are viewing it on an iPad, they got to keep tapping the image for the nav arrows to appear. Very annoying... :-(

Nothing yet, when I get some time I'll email the help desk. I'll post if I get a solution.

You have a great site, some real stunning photos!
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013

You can keep those from disappearing by adding the code found in the section "prevent the left arrow, right arrow, or close button from fading out" to your theme's CSS:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Lightbox-captions