Options

How do I change the name of a folder and image it displays + home page interavity?

MysticpumaMysticpuma Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited November 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
So, I did it...I migrated.

Generally I am coping and know I can work around certain customisations, so here are a few questions I hope someone can help me with?

1) From my homepage I click Browse, this takes me to my Folders. Can I change the word "Browse" to "View Folders"?

2) The Folders I have are named after the legacy options, so for instance I have "Animals" as one of the Folders. Can I change it to "Equine Photography" as this would really help to identify the contents?

3) How do I change the icon on the Folder. Currently it chooses a random image from the Galleries inside and I really would like to choose a custom image?

4) I see that one of the actions I can choose on the front page is that by clicking on an image (say an Equine image), it will take me to the Gallery the image is in. I'd rather have it take me inside the "Equine Photography" Folder, so I can see the listed galleries rather than opening just the gallery the image came from. Is this possible?

That's about it really. I like the new look but having no web development experience, could really do with some guidance to get my site interacting the way I want it to.

Appreciate any help, cheers, DI

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited November 2, 2013
    It is often much easier to help if we can see your site. Please add your site URL to your signature so it is always available to the helpers here. Click the clipboard icon in the navbar above, then Edit Signature. Begin your link with http:// to make it clickable.

To change the name of a folder, go into the organizer, click on the folder, then click the settings button. Change the title of the folder.

Also on that settings dialog is the ability to change the feature image for the folder.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1227350-how-to-establish-folder-settings.

As far as Browse goes, how did you make that available on your site? If you entered it in the menu you can change the name of the item in the menu.

How did you choose the photos for your home page? If you used a multiple photos block I don't see an option to specify a URL (see screen capture below). If you use a navigation block you should be able to jump to a folder.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2013
    Hi, apologies for not adding the url ;)

https://www.decisiveimaging.smugmug.com

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, I'm pretty close to where I need it to be, many thanks, cheers, DI
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2013
    Okay, almost there now ;)

So there is a Folder on my , err,, Folders page called "Other". Inside that is a gallery of images that I want to move to a folder called Equine Photography. Once that is done, I'd like to delete the the Folder called "Other".

So my question is, how can I move a gallery from one folder into another folder?

Sorry, I know this must be simple, but it is not for me :(

Cheers, DO.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2013
    Mysticpuma wrote: »
    Okay, almost there now ;)

So there is a Folder on my , err,, Folders page called "Other". Inside that is a gallery of images that I want to move to a folder called Equine Photography. Once that is done, I'd like to delete the the Folder called "Other".

So my question is, how can I move a gallery from one folder into another folder?

Sorry, I know this must be simple, but it is not for me :(

Cheers, DO.
    Go to organizer and drag it to where you want.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog