Options

Sold off my 7100......Keeping fingers crossed for a true semipro DX

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited November 3, 2013 in Cameras
I made the tough choice to sell off the 7100. It was a camera I have been conflicted about since day one. Sometimes it was so good. Sometimes so bad. It was not the D400 that I hoped for. I found I kept reaching for the 300s as a back up or a fisheye body. It is faster and more reliable. I decided keeping the 7100 for video alone was not worth it. For me the buffer and the random focus issues made me need to pass it on. I am hoping someday soon for a D400 or a full frame that is really better than the D3s for sports. The D4 is awesome, but not so awesome I need one. The difference is marginal over the D3s and the 2 different card slots is the nail in the coffin for me with that body.

For now my big upgrade was getting the battery grip for the D700 essentially making it a baby D3. I am really bummed about Nikon's support of the soccer mom and not the working sports photographer. Keeping hopeful that the future is bright for Nikon sometime this year!!

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2013
    Zerodog wrote: »
    or a full frame that is really better than the D3s for sports.

Good luck with that!! The D3s is so good, all I could ask for would be another stop (or two :ivar) and better ergonomics (YMMV.) Dog, I'm leaning your way on the D7100 too. It's just not up to snuff IMO. Focus is just too hit-or-miss.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2013
    Yep when it is good, Soooooooo good in every way. That sensor is awesome for color and details. Just when the focus is off just enough, enough times it is hard to trust as a real work camera.