Options

Navigating to pages in customisation mode

Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited November 5, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm getting increasingly frustrated when trying to navigate to specific pages on my site when customising. It seems the only options are 'entire site', 'home page', 'all folders' and 'all galleries'. If I click on the nav menu to go to the page I want to customise it takes me to the cusomise nav menu section.

Is there a simple way round this other than clicking publish, navigating to the page and then clicking customise site again? :dunno

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    Go to the page without going into customize > customize site. Then go into customize. If you
    can't find the page go to organizer and find it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    With what Allen said, I think you've got the method, so there isn't much else to do - except, I do open more than one page in more than one browser (different browsers), so that I can work more easily in multiple pages sort of at the same time.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    It's just that when I'm customising a page I go to 'preview' then when going back into customiser it's defaulted to the homepage and I have to click 'publish' and go back into the page again before clicking 'customise' again. Seems a bit of a long winded way of doing it.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    Ah - I don't use preview, and I've heard it's buggy. I thought you did this (which is best):
    - finish customizing
    - upper right button DONE
    - PUBLISH

This is "save for my eyes only".
    Skip preview altogether. nod.gif
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    I guess it gives you the same thing but with a couple more button clicks. Will do it that way ta.