Options

54: Peaceful at Mommy's Side

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited December 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
There is no place on earth like being next to Mommy on the couch.
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Murphy66 wrote:
    There is no place on earth like being next to Mommy on the couch.
    Hi Murphy wave.gif.. thanks for sharing this lovely shot.. made me smile
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Hi Murphy66
    Nice photo and the dog does look peacefull.
    Good Luck in the contest.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    "mommy" looks peaceful, too.What happened to this site????Everything runs together.........and this is white, etc.ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Thanks Chuck, this is the first time I've ever entered a picture into any kind of contest. I'll need all the luck I can get. The people here can really shoot!

Hey Ginger, I lived in Charleston for two years. You have so much beauty around you, I hope you get a chance to shoot it all!

And BTW, that's Mommy's favorite spot, too! Next to her baby.
    www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Oops, I should have posted that the shot was taken on the night of December 15th!
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Murphy66 wrote:
    Oops, I should have posted that the shot was taken on the night of December 15th!

just reading your sig. and the part that says "and books teaching me how to use it all" just thought you might want to put that in FRONT of your wife. not after it. rolleyes1.gif

bravo.clap.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    Daniel,

I can tell you're not married. The wife comes before the books for oh so many reason, not the least of which is that she will read this!

Thanks for commenting!
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    I haven't looked again, but make sure that the date you shot the photo is on the challenge entry. I just changed my entry, the date shot changed, I told them that with my entry since I don't know how to change the first line anymore.

But if the date isn't on that entry they will throw it out. It is such a good shot.

I love Charleston. Where did you live? I live in Mt Pleasant. My entry is at the Catholic Church on Sullivan's Island. On the way home, though it was cold, windy and cloudy, I did manage to shoot enough birds to keep me as busy as I could want to be, or busier.

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    Ginger,

I was there courtesy of the US Navy from 1986-87. I used to play jazz piano at the East Bay Trading Company, which I hope is still there. It was a marvelous space. I also got to do a show at Footlights Theater. Maybe that was the name of the theater company but I remember the theater was the oldest in America - and magnificent.

I remember when they sent this city boy (Boston) to Charleston. I wasn't even sure where it was. Boy was I sad when I left. I fell in love with the beauty, the history and especially the people.

Where I grew up, if you said 'good morning' to a stranger you were inviting a fight. In Charleston, you couldn't go five feet without a polite and sincere greeting. Charleston was all about class to me. It was dripping from the walls.

I remember mourning for Charleston when hurricane Hugo went through but I didn't have much time for that - my son was being born. All the nurses were asking if I was going to name my son Hugo.

In the end, I didn't love Charleston that much!

Keep shooting sweetie, I love seeing the grand city through an artist's eyes. And you darling, are a photographic artist.
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2005
    Now Murphy, that is a Super Response. I moved here to go to school (grad from College at the age of 45, a perennial student thing), in 1984. Went to MUSC, cytotechnology, hated the school, hated Charleston, cried the whole year, but I did live on Sullivan's Island, as far as I could get from Charleston.

I never did work, my daughter ended up graduating from Bishop England, Catholic school here, and I never left! I lived with, then married, someone who came here for the Navy, too. He is retired Navy. I just could not pass up the medical insurance. I read the writing on the wall back in the early 90s, then all I had to do was say "yes" and "I do".

I love jazz, and all that jazz:): , we don't go out at night much as Bill thinks 10 PM is past his bedtime (he works, is 5 yrs younger than I am, and we are poor). But when we do go out I enjoy it, and I do like jazz, especially "on location". Spoleto did jazz one year. It was not popular, I loved it. I don't do Spoleto anymore.

Love your photo, sorry you had to leave, would love to do the jazz thing, et al. If/when you come to town, PM me first, we could get together.

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2005
    Let me ask you something...you graduated college at age 45...do you REALLY think that there was anyone in your class that knew more than you?

Didn't think so.

If I make it back to Charleston I'll get in touch with you.

Btw, here's my website:

www.deliciousjazz.com

Enjoy (and keep shooting!)