Getting Menu and logo text aligned

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have chosen "centered", yet something doesn't look quite right. I want the LOGO (Title) and menu centered on the page.

www.jkmann.com

Also,

I'd like to use some custom CSS but.....
How do I "drop and drag " to a location on the page? It won't "drop". (this is in what I presume is the first step to "add content to page"

Comments

• picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2013
    Hello!

On my monitor it looks centered, I think what is throwing it off is the 2nd photo being square. Maybe if you put a vertical photo, horizontal photo, then another vertical photo to make it look more centered/aligned...??
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 7, 2013
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    How do I "drop and drag " to a location on the page? It won't "drop". (this is in what I presume is the first step to "add content to page"
    Try a different browser. I haven't tried drag & drop for a while but when I was setting up my site in new smug I had problems with it in Firefox and Chrome but it worked properly in IE (reported here). I'm assuming it was something odd on my computer since I haven't seen a lot of complaints here - but I learned to try different browsers when something "off" was happening.

--- Denise
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2013
    I was using IE. Trying to drag a holder for CSS. Or. Where do I paste the code?

The menu is not lined up with "on location portrait and event photographer"

It's the menu. It is noticeable especially in my smugmug style galleries.
  • beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    The menu is not lined up with "on location portrait and event photographer"

It's the menu. It is noticeable especially in my smugmug style galleries.
    Yes, the menu's slightly off-centre, but so too is the stuff above it.

This may be because the sm-page-widget-content selector containing the menu has 36px of margin on the left and 12px on the right, whereas the sm-page-widget-content selector containing the stuff above the menu has 24px of margin on the left and 12px on the right.

I'll wager that somebody could help you to fix all of that.

Sorry about the late post-edit.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 8, 2013
    I was using IE. Trying to drag a holder for CSS. Or. Where do I paste the code?
    You can place CSS in your theme. Or you can drag a CSS element to Entire Site.

What happens when you drag the CSS element? Did you click to edit Entire Site first?
    IE works for me (on Windows 8) but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem in IE for you. Have you tried a different browser?

--- Denise