Options

What does Smugmug Take

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited November 8, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Can you tell me where I can read what smugmug takes from each purchase through my pro account? A digital download costs $35.00 from my sports albums. I am only seeing $29.74. Smugmug is taking $5.26 to process a Digital Download. Is it a percentage?
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2013
    kristen wrote: »
    Can you tell me where I can read what smugmug takes from each purchase through my pro account? A digital download costs $35.00 from my sports albums. I am only seeing $29.74. Smugmug is taking $5.26 to process a Digital Download. Is it a percentage?

Yup, 15%, same as selling prints.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2013
    mbellot wrote: »

Cool. That's what I didn't know... the percentage of what they took from every order. Thanks!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2013
    mbellot wrote: »
    On print orders do they take 15% of the price i am charging my client or 15% of the cost of the prints? My math isn't adding up on some of these orders.
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Hi Kristen,

We explain how your profit is calculated on the following help page: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93354-where-s-my-money-how-do-i-get-paid-my-profits-

If you have a specific order you would like us to look into, please send us an email with the order number and we'll be happy to look into it!

You can email us via http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care,
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    kristen wrote: »
    On print orders do they take 15% of the price i am charging my client or 15% of the cost of the prints? My math isn't adding up on some of these orders.

If you are selling products (prints, mugs, etc) then they deduct the actual cost of the product from your sale price first, then take 15% of what is left.

For example, if you sell 4x6 prints for $1 your profit would be:

$1 - $0.19 = $0.81, then $0.81 * 0.85 = $0.6885 or approximately $0.69 from the $1 sale.