Full Screen Slideshow Demystified - Hack of the Week

The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
edited November 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hello DGrinners,

I have had a lot of questions around the Full Screen Slideshow. So to demystified the process, I have created a 5 Step tutorial here:

http://www.smugocity.com/Hack-of-the-Week/Full-Screen-Slideshow

It will not work on older browsers, but there is support for the old versions of IE (9 and older) to display a static image. Most other browsers will support this. By default it will show an image telling people to update to a new browser, but you can change this to your own image as well.

I will add some altered versions of the code with out transitions and with more image support so you can easily copy and paste the one you like.

This is best mix of codes that has been floating around. Use at your own risk.

Feel free to post your tweeks or tips.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    STEP 5 - Need to specify what section to add CSS to. ""entire site", "Just this ...", etc.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Hi Allen,

I reworded this a bit. But just to be clear, both the HTML(html and css) and the CSS(css only) Blocks BOTH get added to the same page where ever you are applying the full screen slideshow.

I hope this helps to clarify this.

Thanks -Scott
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Then "Just this page" has to be highlighted. Not everyone understands this and could
    have "entire site" or other highlighted. Pages, by default, have "Just this page" highlighted
    but it could easiely be changed.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog