Header IDs keep changing?!

amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
As you can see on my homepage, I've created "custom" headers using the HTML content block... That was all fine and dandy until I realized it wasn't displaying properly on mobile version. OK, fine... I'll just apply the styles to the header thats built into Pages content block, right? Well, thats a no go, too. Upon inspecting the code, it appears that the ID of each header changes when the page is refreshed... WHY?! This is getting to be a pain... Simple customizations should not be this difficult.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    In my header only a Logo block stayed the same ID on every page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Which ID are you looking at? Widgets (content blocks) on the page have two different IDs. There is a class name attached to the widget which is a number like "sm-page-widget-2831421", and this class name stays the same for the entire lifetime of the widget. The id of the widget is random numbers and letters, like "sm-page-widget-nq6LB2rh" and this changes on every single page refresh. Be sure to target the class name with the number in it, not the ID with the random numbers and letters.
  • amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Which ID are you looking at? Widgets (content blocks) on the page have two different IDs. There is a class name attached to the widget which is a number like "sm-page-widget-2831421", and this class name stays the same for the entire lifetime of the widget. The id of the widget is random numbers and letters, like "sm-page-widget-nq6LB2rh" and this changes on every single page refresh. Be sure to target the class name with the number in it, not the ID with the random numbers and letters.

I was able to figure it out with your input Lamah... Thank you! clap.gif