Collecting photos from private galleries

lozaloza Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have several private galleries that do not show up on my site. I have collected photos from these galleries and the collected photos are in folders/galleries that are public.

The image I've selected to be the featured image for the gallery doesn't show up - instead you get a broken image placeholder in it's place. Also, when you click on the gallery to view all images, it appears as empty.

What I want to happen is to hide certain folders/galleries completely from my site, but to collect images from those hidden folders/galleries and make those collected images visible without copying them over into new galleries. Is there a way for me to do this?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Only you see a "private" gallery when logged in. No one or nothing else sees it or it's contents.
    If you changed the gallery to unlisted with external linking on then the photos could be collected
    or used for featured photos..
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • lozaloza Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 15, 2013
    Thanks, Allen. If I have an unlisted gallery with external linking and I don't provide a link to anyone that points to that gallery, is there any way for people to discover it if I've collected photos from it and those photos live in galleries that are public?