If I change themes...

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited November 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I lose all my current customizations correct? Even my gallery layouts navbar etc?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2013
    Only if you added all your CSS to the theme I'd think. Why would any content change?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Only if you added all your CSS to the theme I'd think. Why would any content change?

I'm not referring to content, but to the internal gallery styling that I've done.ne_nau.gif
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 9, 2013
    I'm not referring to content, but to the internal gallery styling that I've done.
    If the styling was done in the theme you would lose it unless you copied it to the new theme.

If the styling was done for "entire site" or within the page or gallery I believe it will move - the only thing you should lose is the theme customization.

--- Denise
  • Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2013
    I actually did some experimenting with this before trying to create a new theme. I wanted a different color scheme for wedding galleries. On a hidden gallery I worked out the colors. It had the same basic layout as the rest of my site, but didn't have any CSS in it. Once I got the colors where I wanted them I then started to copy some of the CSS from my original theme into it. I now have two different color schemes, and the galleries look similar in CSS mods.

Here's a gallery in my default colors.

Here's a gallery in my wedding colors.

I plan on refining both of the next few months, as well creating new themes to try out.