Edit Text on Existing Page

okiedokieokiedokie Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
edited November 10, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I've searched and have not found a solution to my problem. I created a page titled "About", containing a photo and text. I now want to edit the text. First I log on, go to the "About" page, click on Customize, follow that with Customize Site and then Just This Page. I scroll down to "On Just This Page" and select the wrench out to the side of Text. The Text Content Block is highlighted and a pop-up appears with only "cancel and done". I am unable to change the text inside the content block no matter what I try. What am I doing wrong, and how do I need to proceed? Thanks!

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 9, 2013
    I'd try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't work it might be worth trying a different browser. (I know, that doesn't make any sense - but I've found with new smug that there are things I can't do with one browser that I can do with another.)

Is there anything odd in the text box or is it pure text?

--- Denise
  • okiedokieokiedokie Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2013
    I'd try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't work it might be worth trying a different browser. (I know, that doesn't make any sense - but I've found with new smug that there are things I can't do with one browser that I can do with another.)

Is there anything odd in the text box or is it pure text?

--- Denise
    Thank you for your response. I'm using Firefox and have already tried to edit the text in IE. I got the same response. I cleared the cache at your suggestion, but it didn't matter. The content is of the Text Block is ordinary text. I'm about ready to delete and redo.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2013
    Have you tried clicking the wrench on the photo box first and hit done. Then try the text box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • okiedokieokiedokie Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Have you tried clicking the wrench on the photo box first and hit done. Then try the text box.
    Hi and thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I have tried that and it didn't work, either. I have spent so much time trying to figure this out, I could have recreated the page many times over. In fact, that is what I have done. I deleted that page and created a new one. Everything seems to work as intended on this new page. I chalk whatever was wrong with the first one as something that happens and can't be explained. I appreciate your efforts to help me.
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2013
    Are you saying you see the text in your text box? It's text you want to edit?
    Be careful about clicking into the text. Your mouse may seem to "not go there". But if you click in a few places do you find a way in?