Options

Professional Respect

MaleficZMaleficZ Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited December 20, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
[FONT=&quot]Some people's kids...

I was shooting at a high school basketball game tonight. And hey look! Another photographer! I think we can be friends. :wxwax

I just hope that all of you out there arnt such ass's. Happy shooting. Right... I was shooting the game, when all of a sudden I cant see a thing out of my lens... huh?... *remove eye from eyepiece* Someone is in my way... its the photographer guy! "Excuse me?" He just looks back and continues to shoot. What an ass. That just ruined my night! If we should have to ever meet again, I shall be getting in your way with a can of spray paint to your precious lens.

[/FONT]
TCGphoto.com

\Ma*lef"ic\, a. Doing mischief; causing harm or evil; hurtful

Comments

• Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Yeah, there always seems to be some sort of animosity among photographers that I cant quite explain. Next time give him a swift kick behind the knee and when he falls over take your shots. :beatwax
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Was he a working pro and you not? Granted, I've never heard of such inconsideracy, but it makes a difference.
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    cwphotos wrote:
    Yeah, there always seems to be some sort of animosity among photographers that I cant quite explain.

i beg to differ, i haven't had any bad run-ins with other photographers. maybe i'm just lucky, but i always seem to bump into friendly photographers. usually it doesn't go much farther than staying out of each others way, asking what/who each of us is shooting for, what lens each of us are using, and maybe trading business cards.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i beg to differ, i haven't had any bad run-ins with other photographers. maybe i'm just lucky, but i always seem to bump into friendly photographers. usually it doesn't go much farther than staying out of each others way, asking what/who each of us is shooting for, what lens each of us are using, and maybe trading business cards.

My experiences have been the same. There is room on the field for more than one shooter.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Was he a working pro and you not? Granted, I've never heard of such inconsideracy, but it makes a difference.

Actually no it does not....in reality if the working pro is from a magazine or agency then he need to identify and politely ask any other photog to allow him to use space....however...look at films from sportin events, pro photogs elbow to elbow, but never blocking the other guy ....now the guy was just and inconsiderate jerk......
    I have shot next to many a pro and first thing I was asked was: what camera/ lens....followed by what film (at the time I was a fuji 50 junkie)....attached to my camera was a sunpak 522...but it never fired...I used it as a shoulder pod....these guys from Blackstar had me send them shots...ver congenial and nice....I have yet to meet a jerk on the firing line of course my forte was rock and country concerts.....I even found security to be great helpers....( i mean i knew most of the conmcert security well enough that they would carry my camera bag and help me get positioned if I arrived late to a concert....)
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Yeah I know it doesn't really make a difference, but I do know guys who are polite as can be if you know them but otherwise they just assume you are there for no good reason and they perceive you as being in their way not the other way around and it gets them angry...though never enough to block someone, that I've never heard of.
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    ART SCOTT wrote:
    I even found security to be great helpers....( i mean i knew most of the conmcert security well enough that they would carry my camera bag and help me get positioned if I arrived late to a concert....)

i love concert security. a lot of times when i work a concert, i don't even need a pass, they just let me in because i have a huge camera and a big bag of gear.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    I look like im on day release...never had a worry.