Options

Photo reset between legacy and new

TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited November 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have been playing with the migration and at the same time modifying the legacy site. How do i resynch the two so the migration site has the same photos, galleries etc as the legacy

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2013
    If you mean you've been modifying galleries and folders (structure);
    - Do this in legacy, then refresh in all browsers and you'll see your work in New.
    - Don't do this in New because you won't see the changes in Legacy.

If you mean how do you see the contents of your folders and galleries, then in Customize, click either (or, one at a time, all), separately for the sections Entire Site, Home page and All Folders, from the right side fly-out, Navigation, drag All Folders/Galleries/pages, into each section. You need to make decisions about which contents should show in which sections.

And maybe there's a third variety of this question. :D
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2013
    I maybe was not clear. My new site does not reflect the structure, i.e. galleries, etc., of my legacy site. I would like to refresh my new site so it pulls in everything from my legacy site and the two match
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,273 moderator
    edited November 11, 2013
    my new site does not reflect the structure, i.e. galleries, etc., of my legacy site.
    Your new site shares the gallery structure with legacy. It is possible the galleries don't show because you don't have a galleries box in the page where you are trying to show the galleries. Look at All Folders, make sure you have a Folders and a Galleries content element on that page. If they are not there then customize the page and drag them in. Take a look at this post and see if it helps.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2013
    My new page has both old and new folders with pics in old folders and no pics in new folders. i want my pics in the new folders and the old folders gone. I tried to create a new design and delete old one, no change. How do i start from square one
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2013
    Before starting over - and I confess I'm still not sure what the problem is - Did you create new folders or galleries inside of New Smugmug? If so, those will not show in Legacy mode. I keep thinking this might be the difficulty you are having?

Everything in Legacy, and in New, will show in New. But the only way to have the public see the folders or galleries you create, or the photos you move around while in New mode, is to Unveil. This is the permanent final decision to close the old Legacy site (no return).

You can either:
    - Reorganize your legacy folders and galleries and content, while in Legacy (use the old system). Get them as close to the new structure as you can. You can also create new galleries and folders that are what you want to see show up in the final design..
    - In New mode, top, click Organize Site. This takes you to the folder and gallery structure. Here you will see all the legacy folders/galleries, and the new. Any changes you make, will NOT show in Legacy (to the public or you when you're logged in). Here you can drag and drop galleries into folders and photos from gallery to gallery. Create new galleries and new folders, etc. Again, though, none of the changes you make here will show in legacy, or to the public.

What I am doing is trying to create my new folder and gallery structure in legacy. For the new pages or folders with content blocks, I make them in new, and keep in mind they will show to the public when I unveil.

If you have new folders or galleries you created in New, but you really do want to see them right now in Legacy, go to Legacy and create them again, there. (Name them slightly differently). Then go back into New, and delete the folders and galleries that you had created in New. The ones you just created in Legacy, will be visible to you in New.

If this is still not the problem, please explain further. If you can include a screenshot that might help.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2013
    There might be one other thing to do:
    In New mode, Customize, go to either Entire Site, Home page, or all folders. Then on the right side fly-out, click Content Blocks, go to Navigation, and drag the All folders/galleries/pages block, using your mouse. Drag it to the left and drop it in the available green area.

This will bring your folders, galleries, and photos, into view.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    in my old site i have 5 Categories, Family, Frank and 3 others. Family has 1 sub category with 21 Galleries. It also has 2 galleries, total of 23 galleries. Frank is another Category and has 2 sub categories, one with 2 galleries and the other with 10 galleries, a total of 12 galleries.

The new site with Family has 1 Folder which has 32 galleries and 4 other galleries, total of 36 galleries. This is my old organization, its not picking up the 23 galleries above. And so on….. How do i force a resynch or better yet

start over I can create new sites, delete them but nothing changes as I can't delete the last site.

How do I completely start over, its easier than trying to move stuff around.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    The new site with Family has 1 Folder which has 32 galleries and 4 other galleries, total of 36 galleries. This is my old organization, its not picking up the 23 galleries above. And so on….. How do i force a resynch or better yet

How do you know this? Where do you see this? I ask because you should be able to see the legacy structure in New.

To start over, click Customize and then "choose new site design".
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,273 moderator
    edited November 12, 2013
    Keep in mind that starting over does not change your folder structure - starting over is about your customizations.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    Problem resolved, did a dag and drop of galleries. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    Problem resolved, did a dag and drop of galleries. Thanks

What was the problem - did you need the galleries block in your main pages? And then they showed up for the navbar choices?
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    Probably my knowledge. I was back and forth on old and new,moving galleries around on old. At some point the two did no match, i.e. the tree structure and galleries. I assumed any changes in old would get reflected up to new, but no the other way. Is that true.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    Yes, I believe so.