Options

trouble moving content blocks

AllisonandColetteAllisonandColette Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am trying to do something relatively simple: one large single photo, 900 px container width, then have folders/pages below the large picture. I cannot accomplish this. Been trying for hours, and can't find any info on this that works. The "green highlighted areas" that come up when trying to move the folders/pages does not come up under the large photo. Directly below the large photo is the red "on entire site" box. I just cannot believe that this is so difficult. Not impressed. Thanks for any help anyone can give!!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2013
    Try adding the folders/pages first then the single photo above it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2013
    Thanks, I'll try that. But is there any rhyme or reason for where those highlighted areas are?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2013
    Thanks, I'll try that. But is there any rhyme or reason for where those highlighted areas are?
    I'm thinking you just didn't find that sweat spot for the dropping the box. Maybe try a different browser
    as it has been reported some browsers have trouble with this.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I'm thinking you just didn't find that sweat spot for the dropping the box. Maybe try a different browser
    as it has been reported some browsers have trouble with this.

Ok, I'll try that, though I'm using Explorer right now. As for the sweet spot, I am slowing moving over the whole area and nothing is coming up where I want it i.e. under the large picture. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2013
    I've found that there are a lot of times when the only allowable spot UNDER a large block is often a tiny, narrow green band way down, almost overlapping the the footer.

wew... now I'm tired after writing that long sentence.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2013

They are to the left, right, above and below other content blocks. They show as horizontal or vertical pale green bars.

You could start with Entire Site and drag a NavBar to the top.
    Then switch to the HomePage and drag a photo block onto the main section. Then the dropable areas may be more clear. Drag a text block, you can place it on any of the four sides of the photo, or below the NavBar.
    You can place 3 photos side by side in a row, for example.
    The wrench on the top left corner of each block gives you settings options.
    The triangle is margins and proportion of the container. So one photo could take 20% of a row, the 2nd take 50%, and a text box take 30%.