homepage photo from password protected gallery

steperenkosteperenko Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited November 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hello all,
I would like the featured image be from my last uploaded gallery. I usually pick one myself. I understand that my featured image will not be pulle dout of a password protected gallery. What are my options? Download the image I want to use twice? Not password protect the gallery? I am sure there is a better way. Please help!

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    You can create a special image to feature for any gallery. Put it in a "site files" type gallery and point to it there.

Or if you turn on external linking/embedding and featured a photo from the gallery should work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • steperenkosteperenko Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    how do I create a special image to feature and do you mean I should move it into a different gallery. Soffy, I am confused. :( As usual
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    steperenko wrote: »
    how do I create a special image to feature and do you mean I should move it into a different gallery. Soffy, I am confused. :( As usual
    I created a new unlisted gallery named "Gallery Featured Images" and put any new "thumbs"/actually
    images to use as gallery image in folders.

On any gallery settings page for "feature photo" I can browse to this gallery and select a photo to be featured. Or pick one in the gallery to feature.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog