Disabling "home" page?

racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited November 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Looking for ideas to disable the "home" page in some form, so it does not show up in search engines? I am making a wordpress website for my home and blog, etc, and want to use smug simply for my portfolio. Obvious would be not having links in the menu, but google will still index the (dumb) smug "home"...
Todd - My Photos

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 16, 2013
    Are you saying you don't want your smug site found in search at all? If that's what you want, go to your account settings. Click Discovery on the side navbar, then click search. Set the site visibility options as desired.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93329.

--- Denise
  • racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    Thanks Denise, but I am looking for something like,
    .sm-page-home { /*whatever the id/class name is?*/
           display: none !important;
    }

I want to disable "home", and just use "folders" and "galleries" pages. Although I could not get anything like the css example to work on the new smugmug. Is it because I am trying this in preview mode, or is the problem much deeper then this? Even if css did work, would the page just show up as a blank page?
    Todd - My Photos
  • racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    I wasn't using the "independent homepage" option. With that setting, I got the above css to work. The problem is will search still index this page and people just be sent to a blank page?

Edit - looks like no way around this, so I will have to make the home page a "enter" landing page or something? Ugh

Edit 2 - Never mind, I just moved everything over to the home page. Now I just have a unneeded "browse page"... smugmug needs to add a way to disable default pages
    Todd - My Photos