Dottie Van Pelt:My first time in the studio

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited December 17, 2005 in People
This is my first try at doing some model photography in a studio. Comments and suggestions are welcome..

Comments

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Dottie showing some leg..
    This is another image of Dottie..again, my first photoshoot in a studio. Comments and suggestions welcome.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    I'm not finding the poses believable - she's not relaxed enough to pull these off. The background is sort of muddy, and rather detracts instead of being neutral or additive. Work on some lighting techniques, there's not enough light working *for* you here, creating depth, interest, and shadows. Nice lipstick! Keep it up, MF.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Thanks for posting. Maybe it's my monitor (laptop) but the photos appear to have a peach color to them. Maybe work on making them a bit more crisp. I 2nd what Andy said about the subject not being relaxed enought. Great try. Keep on trying. I too just got a stuio. I'm doing the same thing. Click - Post - Get Feedback - Learn - Click...... on and on!

kc7dji
    thumb.gif
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Well, yeah...
    kc7dji wrote:
    Thanks for posting. Maybe it's my monitor (laptop) but the photos appear to have a peach color to them. Maybe work on making them a bit more crisp. I 2nd what Andy said about the subject not being relaxed enought. Great try. Keep on trying. I too just got a stuio. I'm doing the same thing. Click - Post - Get Feedback - Learn - Click...... on and on!

kc7dji
    thumb.gif

I have to admit, I am guilty of photoshopping some peach skin color and warmness into the model, her skin is actually pretty pale.. Also, I am working with some really modest studio lighting and an external flash that is just on the hotshoe.. So that is why the background is a little dark/murky. Another photographer that I'm sharing the studio with will be leaving a much better lighting kit there soon, so future shoots will be better in that regard...

The model was a little stiff...Through most of the shoot I had to keep reminding her to smile, and she would smile for like a second, and then go back to being stiff. She loosened up a little and smiled/laughed a lot more when I introduced a hoola hoop, but those pics aren't here because I am having a devil of a time getting them photoshopped to what I want.

MainFragger