Options

Increase the Gallery "Item" Size beyond 48

DazzlingPhotoBoothDazzlingPhotoBooth Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited November 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Howdy all, I've gotten a lot of css customizations from you awesome folks!

The problem now I cannot find anywhere in a hour of searching here.

I am trying to use CSS code to allow more than 48 galleries on my homepage to make it Easy for my clients to find their photo gallery each weekend. I tried last week to add the 49th gallery but it side I had reached the limit of 48.

I tried to make another gallery on the Homepage but cannot either.

Ideally I would like to simple add css code to allow no limit if possible to the gallery folder on homepage for the simplest for my clients:-)

I attached an image of the homepage editing and it's limit.

I will pay $20 paypal to anyone with a css code that works!

Thanks in advance! (PS, just realized I posted in old legacy but I just posted same in New SmugMug)

Chris

Comments

• Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    Increase the Gallery "Item" Size beyond 48
    Howdy all, I've gotten a lot of css customizations from you awesome folks!

The problem now I cannot find anywhere in a hour of searching here.

I am trying to use CSS code to allow more than 48 galleries on my homepage to make it Easy for my clients to find their photo gallery each weekend. I tried last week to add the 49th gallery but it side I had reached the limit of 48.

I tried to make another gallery on the Homepage but cannot either.

Ideally I would like to simple add css code to allow no limit if possible to the gallery folder on homepage for the simplest for my clients:-)

I attached an image of the homepage editing and it's limit. Here is my smugmug site: http://mydazzlingphotos.com

I will pay $20 paypal to anyone with a css code that works!

Thanks in advance!

Chris
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,270 moderator
    edited November 16, 2013
    There is a request in the SmugMug Feature Request corum to change this limit, 48 gallery display limit.

Given that there is a limit have you considered placing two galleries boxes on your home page, splitting the galleries between the two?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    There is a request in the SmugMug Feature Request corum to change this limit, 48 gallery display limit.

Given that there is a limit have you considered placing two galleries boxes on your home page, splitting the galleries between the two?

--- Denise

Hey Denise, thanks! I did try to add another gallery I already created on the Homepage and split but it was not letting me 'add' another gallery, just single photos/multiple photos/slideshow...but no gallery add options? Am I missing something. This is becoming so time consuming and I need to keep adding the galleries on the homepage for ease of client use.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    I may have figured out how to add multiple galleries to homepage...not as savvy or pretty as having the 48 gallery limit removed as seems not necessary.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    Hey Denise, thanks! I did try to add another gallery I already created on the Homepage and split but it was not letting me 'add' another gallery, just single photos/multiple photos/slideshow...but no gallery add options? Am I missing something. This is becoming so time consuming and I need to keep adding the galleries on the homepage for ease of client use.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
    You need to add another galleries block, then select from "galleries I choose".

Another alternative might be to group your galleries into logical subdivisions and show folders on your home page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    You need to add another galleries block, then select from "galleries I choose".

Another alternative might be to group your galleries into logical subdivisions and show folders on your home page.

--- Denise

Hey Denise, I use to do the category thing but it confused the clients not knowing exactly what gallery category they were in thus too many emails asking for help finding their pics. So just made One big all in one gallery and so far everyone young and old finding their pics:-)
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    Hey Denise, I use to do the category thing but it confused the clients not knowing exactly what gallery category they were in thus too many emails asking for help finding their pics. So just made One big all in one gallery and so far everyone young and old finding their pics:-)
    Got it!

Are you aware that you can remove the smugmug header and footer from your site? Go to Customize... Customize Site... Settings.

--- Denise