i-rBd6CrX-X3.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Enjoy
Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    Very nice capture! Good action, good skin tones. However, there are a couple parts of the image that just don't look right. The left leg of the boy being thrown has a blotch - it might be a shadow but it looks very unnatural for a shadow. Similarly, the toes on that foot go strangely out of focus (the foot is in decent focus to the end of the laces then blurred.

On the head of the boy performing the takedown - the face and shoulders are in great focus but his hair is not - same with the other boy. These affects really give the photo an unnatural look. When you see photo as a small image you don't notice it but when you view it a bit larger, these oddities jump out. What editing did you do to the image?
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    Did some tweaking in Lightroom. In my attempt to cover up some motion blur I was monkeying around with the radial filter tool and cut it too close to the wrestlers it would seem. I'll post up another edit soon.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited November 20, 2013
    I agree, nice action. Good exposure.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2013
    OK here it is again only with the odd blurry shoes reworked. Not sure what to do about the shadow splotch on his leg that is caused by the ref standing between my speed light and the wrestlers.

i-qgSpkmS-X3.jpg