Pics on Facebook

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited December 15, 2013 in The Big Picture
Sorry if this is old news, but I think I've finally found out how to prepare pics for Facebook so that they actually look decent after Facebook puts them through the wringer. And that is, upload large images, like 3000x2000 and let Facebook figure out the rest.
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    I post them as PNG files.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2013
    What I started doing for posting photos on Facebook is using BlogStomp. What I do is import several photos into BlogStomp and have it make a single image. I then have it upload that image directly to Facebook for me. If you want to check the program out, Click Here and download the trial version and give it a try. If I remember correctly, a single user version (allowed to install on up to 2 computers) is something like $49.00, and the studio version (up to 5 computers) is like $89.00. If you want to prevent people from grabbing your photos off Facebook, or any other site, and printing them, this should prevent that.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2013
    Below is a sample of what BlogStomp can produce. You can Click Here to view each of the tools to compare the quality of each image to the one in this one that BlogStomp created.

121113-Stomped1-L.jpg

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams