Options

Galleries don't appear from links

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited November 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have organized everything in folders and galleries the way I want and successfully migrated my images from my Legacy site. I changed the word "Browse" to "Portfolio" and have my work divided into two main categories, which are folders. The organization is right but the navigation isn't.

Here is one example: My hierarchy for the North America gallery in my category folder "Fine Art" is organized as Home--Portfolio (folder)--Fine Art (folder)--Landscapes (folder)--North America (gallery). When I click on "Portfolio" in the top line menu on my home page I go to the correct page and it shows the two correct images for the two categories (Pets and Fine Art) . The bread crumbs show the home icon and then "Portfolio." Then I click on the "Fine Art" image on the "Portfolio" page and I go to the correct page, which shows three images for three different folders, one of which is "Landscapes." The bread crumbs show the home icon, then "Portfolio" and then "Fine Art."

THen I click on the image for "Landscapes" which should take me to a page with three images for three different galleries. No images appear, nor is there any way to link further to get to the actual galleries. The bread crumbs show the home icon, then a folder icon, then "Fine Art" and then "Landscapes." Everything was working fine until I put in the CSS code to remove the folder icons from throughout the site. That part worked fine but in the process the links between the folders and the galleries got messed up.

Any help will be appreciated. If my explanation doesn't make sense I will try again.

Thanks,
Lauren
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited November 17, 2013
    First, can you remove the CSS you added to remove the folder icons (temporarily) to make sure that's not the cause of the problem? If it isn't...

Do your pages include a content element for both folders and galleries? Go to customize and customize the all folders page. Make sure there are content elements on that page for both folders and galleries. Here's a screen shot of what I see on my "all folders" page.

i-zMHtfzf-XL.jpg

If you are missing either content element then add them to that page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2013
    Thanks, Denise. Will let know if that solves my problem.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 21, 2013
    Hi Lauren wave.gif

It seems you removed the galleries content block from All folders. Add it in customize > customize site > All folders, make sure it's set to "current location" and that should solve your problem.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2013
    I think I have it now. Thanks, Denise and Ana.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com