Options

Reposition Photo Captions?

faeriescopesfaeriescopes Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hello, I have a question. Is it possible to make the title for each picture I upload in a gallery more visible? The title for me is a big part of the presentation, as it helps the viewer to understand what I am seeing and tells a story. But when it is so tiny, in thin white lettering and positioned at the bottom left corner of the page when viewing the full size image, the title is very easily overlooked. Is there a way to make the font bigger and bolder, while moving it up on the left hand side of the picture so it is more visible - both while viewing the full size photos individually, and while viewing the slideshow?

I have been told that I can do this using CSS code - unfortunately I have no idea what that is! Any assistance is greatly appreciated, as I would love to fix this problem and continue using the site.

Thanks
Elizabeth

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    Hello, I have a question. Is it possible to make the title for each picture I upload in a gallery more visible?
    Are you aware there are separate Title and Caption fields, and that the Title is displayed much larger?
  • Options
    faeriescopesfaeriescopes Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2013
    Are you aware there are separate Title and Caption fields, and that the Title is displayed much larger?

HI and thank you for responding - yes I am aware of that. Still, the title is very small, thin font, and discretely placed in the lower left hand corner of the page. I really need the text I want to be directly and clearly associated with each image very visibly placed, bold, and clear. Otherwise a lot of the meaning in my presentation is lost. Any help I am much obliged!
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    It seems to me you might be talking about the size of the title when displayed in Lightbox view, then - is that right? I suggest you use that term in your search, or hopefully someone else can chime in here. thumb.gif