How to create an administrator link on home page

blackhawxblackhawx Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Under the new SmugMug system, I would like to create a custom link on the home page that only administrators see. Is this possible under the new SmugMug system? If so how do we accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    Are you unveiled yet? You could try setting the page or gallery you want the administrator to see, to "unlisted". Then test this. Add the link to your navbar, and then log out. Can you see that unlisted link?
    I'm not unveiled so don't know what should happen in this case.

Of course someone who really knows the answer may come along soon... mwink.gif
  • blackhawxblackhawx Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    No I am not unveiled yet, but I'm curious if there is a CSS ID that is exposed when you are an administrator on the home page...if so, I need to know what it is, so that I can use it in my style chain to tell a certain element to be display none or display block, all for the home page. If there is a more elegant way of going about this, I'm all ears!

Anyway, here is my connecting issue - under the new SmugMug system, the link to this page...

https://secure.smugmug.com/sales/history/

...is nested to deep within the system. Under the legacy system, a link to that page was right off my home page tool bar. Anyway... I need that link embedded on the home page only when I log in as an administrator. I am willing to create a custom HTML link on my home page, which I can do easily, but I just don't know how to make it hidden from public users...

Thanks
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 19, 2013
    blackhawx wrote: »
    Anyway, here is my connecting issue - under the new SmugMug system, the link to this page...

https://secure.smugmug.com/sales/history/
    Why not just set a browser shortcut (bookmark) to that page?

--- Denise
    edited November 20, 2013
    Why not just set a browser shortcut (bookmark) to that page?

--- Denise

I don't want to do it that way. I want a link within the interface itself. If my shortcut was accidentally deleted, if my device was mis-placed, if I am on someone else's PC, if I am constantly going back and forth between my tablet, mobile device, and PC, I want the flexibility to always access the same link I initially set to quickly view my sales history.

What I'm asking for is exactly what was in the legacy interface...so hopefully the only conclusion to this is not saying to just make a bookmark....?
    edited November 20, 2013
    By creating the following CSS in the advance section of my current theme, I believe I can provide the effect of showing/hiding links...

.sm-user-owner .sm-page-widget.sm-page-widget-3548587 .adminview {
    display: inline;
    }

.adminview {
    display: none;
    }

.sm-user-owner appears to be a .CSS class that only loads on the body element when the admin user actually logs in. the .sm-page-widget...[x] is already being used in the SmugMug style sheet system, so I added it in the CSS rule to help override my element of focus. and .adminview is a class name I created, which sits on the element that I want to show/hide. Hopefully this is the answer and will also help out other folks here on the forum who are looking to do something similar.

bh