Options

Customize published discarded changes

Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited November 23, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I'm a tad freaking out, but I guess it's too late to recover the data. The last Google cache of the page was on the 8th. While working in customize, I'd accidentally clicked the 'x' beside 'Just this page'. I exited out and selected 'discard changes', but it was too late and my entire page was blank. There should be a confirm dialog when clicking the 'x' (feature request) and obviously, not discarding the changes really, really is a bummer. Starting over...
Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

Comments

• Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2013
    I noticed this myself that even if you discard all changes some changes still get saved. Together with the Preview-Bug fur custom pages (i.e. "Just this page...") which will remove the custom page entry from the navigation menu this is a real pain. I also noticed that if i make changes to a theme that should only affect the current level (i.e. homepage or "Just this page...") it will also affect other pages. Currently i create a new theme before i modify an existing one that is applied system wide. Too bad you cannot copy themes but that's another story... If want to do more then just select a design then the customizer is pretty buggy...
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2013
    It worked out that the deletion forced a fresh start, but the bug is serious enough. I typically copy everything over to OneNote as I work just in case, but it was late and I was literally saving to go to bed when I decided to make one change and ended up having to stay up to rewrite the page. I hope it's fixed soon. I worry that our pages will poof.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.