Centering Folders on Homepage

thonsuthonsu Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited November 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm trying to center the two folders on my SM homepage:

http://galleries.thatonesummer.com/

Right now they're left-justified.

I tried searching and happened upon things like adding "margin:0 auto" and "width:100%" and appending them with "!important", but nothing has worked so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Tom

Comments

• thonsuthonsu Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2013
    Also, how do I change the page/site title? That is, when I have the tab open, it shows my favicon and the text "thatonesummer" on the tab. I'd like to change "thatonesummer".
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2013
    thonsu wrote: »

Right now they're left-justified.

I tried searching and happened upon things like adding "margin:0 auto" and "width:100%" and appending them with "!important", but nothing has worked so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Tom

On your homepage (customizing), do you have the Layout Tab, Centered, turned on? You may also want the Layout to be Fixed.
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2013
    Also, how do I change the page/site title? That is, when I have the tab open, it shows my favicon and the text "thatonesummer" on the tab. I'd like to change "thatonesummer".

To change the titles of anything, you don't do so while in Customize. Instead click Organize at the top. Then navigate to the folder, page, gallery, etc., that you want to rename, using the mouse on the left side list. When you have highlighted the one you want, click the settings icon at the top to make changes. There you will see the familiar legacy fields.

In Organize you can also drag and drop everything:
    - On the right side, reorganize by dragging around on the area
    - Move photos from one gallery to another by opening the gallery where they are, highlighting the ones you want to move, and then dragging them to the left side, to the folder or gallery you want them in, and let up the left mouse.
    edited November 22, 2013
    Thanks for your replies! However, I haven't made progress.

1. I'd like to keep "stretchy" layout, while also centering my galleries. Is this possible?

2. I can rename folders and galleries, but not the site itself. In "Organize", the root of my folders is "thatonesummer", and when I click on it, the "settings" button is deactivated.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 22, 2013
    2. I can rename folders and galleries, but not the site itself. In "Organize", the root of my folders is "thatonesummer", and when I click on it, the "settings" button is deactivated.
    The name of the site is in your profile. From the thumb representing your site, click Profile... About Me

--- Denise
    edited November 22, 2013
    The name of the site is in your profile. From the thumb representing your site, click Profile... About Me

--- Denise

That's it! Thank you!
  • JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2013

Right now they're left-justified. I tried searching and happened upon things like adding "margin:0 auto" and "width:100%" and appending them with "!important", but nothing has worked so far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! -Tom

Here's an exercise in lateral thinking. See if this works for you. Instead of trying to do this with a Folders content block, put in two single photos side-by-side with links attached.

Here's the recipe if you need it. Drag a single image content block into position and set it up so it shows the picture you want to show on right. (I find the SM interface works more smoothly if you insert side-by-side things right to left.) Set "Action on Click" to "Go to URL" and fill in the URL of the destination you want (like http://galleries.thatonesummer.com/Realestate). Set Photo Size to "Fit Width". Now repeat, inserting the second single image content block just at the left margin next to the first picture. Play with the other options as you wish. Now when you save you should have the two pictures side-by-side, filling the screen. If you don't want to go to the edges of the browser window, set a left margin on the left-side picture to some appropriately large number and set the right margin and the right-side picture so to the same appropriately large number. When the screen re-sizes, the images will stay centered and resize. The margins will stay fixed.

No CSS needed.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com