Options

HTML box not working

cosphotocosphoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited November 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am trying to produce a Services page with HTML but the HTML box doesn't seem to be accepting HTML. The begin and end sections are identified when adding code, but it doesn't take effect when the section is entered and the commands are not present when I go back to reedit the HTML box. Any suggestions?

I think creating a page that is similar to the front page of this web site would work as well:

boneheads.smugmug.com

Can anyone give me a pointer for how to add a shaded section represented above?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2013
    Would not know how to respond without seeing the html. Can you post it here? Be sure to put it between [code][/code] tags.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Would not know how to respond without seeing the html. Can you post it here? Be sure to put it between [code][/code] tags.

Initially I just want to create a list since the normal text box offers very little in way of formatting. Therefore, a simple <LI> list item </LI>. I tried encapsulating the html with <html> </html> but this makes no difference, all html commands seem to be absorbed once they are applied.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited November 24, 2013
    cosphoto wrote: »
    Initially I just want to create a list since the normal text box offers very little in way of formatting. Therefore, a simple <LI> list item </LI>. I tried encapsulating the html with <html> </html> but this makes no difference, all html commands seem to be absorbed once they are applied.
    You don't need <html> and </html> tags in new smugmug.

As for the rest, your HTML must be correct from an HTML syntax standpoint. It will be stripped out if it is not correct. Are your list items inside either ordered list (<ol> </ol>) or unordered list (<ul> </ul>) tags? As Allen mentioned it would be much easier to help if you would post your code here (inside of code tags).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2013
    You don't need <html> and </html> tags in new smugmug.

As for the rest, your HTML must be correct from an HTML syntax standpoint. It will be stripped out if it is not correct. Are your list items inside either ordered list (<ol> </ol>) or unordered list (<ul> </ul>) tags? As Allen mentioned it would be much easier to help if you would post your code here (inside of code tags).

--- Denise

I left out <UL> </UL>. It works now, thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2013
    I would like to understand how to create a framed page as is listed on boneheads.smugmug.com. Can you provide some direction on this?