Options

Website Critique

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited December 19, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Good Afternoon everyone, Happy Holidays to all. Let me start out by saying that I am by no means an expert in website design. I do however dabble in Frontpage and have currently started to teach myself Flash Animation. I have added this to my current site and I am looking for opinions on this page only.

www.quickshots.net

As I finish the other pages I hope to get your opinions on them as well, but for now just the above. Thanks.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    OK, I'll take a stab at this critique. I like the idea of the images in the camera but, they change to quickly and I don't really like the sound. Is this going to be your home page? If so try to focus on what you want to do...portaits, photojournalism, or nature. I would use those type of pictures in the camera.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Good Afternoon everyone, Happy Holidays to all. Let me start out by saying that I am by no means an expert in website design. I do however dabble in Frontpage and have currently started to teach myself Flash Animation. I have added this to my current site and I am looking for opinions on this page only.

www.quickshots.net

As I finish the other pages I hope to get your opinions on them as well, but for now just the above. Thanks.

Joe

Hey, Joe.

The Whipping Post is really for photographic critique. I've moved this thread to Mind Your Own Business, where it is better suited.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    The design is fine but the repetitive camera shutter that sounds like it's echoing in the grand canyon kind of makes me want to throw my computer across the room in horror.

Just saying.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Ok site but the sound drove me away quick.
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Yes, the sound would have the opposite effect to what you want from potential clients. But I like the concept it's good - and there's a flyball dog there, that's really good! Let's know when it is a bit further along.
  • Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Hey guys thanks for the input. The sound was removed, time each frame was up is now stretched a little bit longer. I agree, the sound sucked! Thanks again for the input.

Joe
  • Options
    ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Much better! thumb.gif
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    I like the camera idea but maybe adding a header or footer with something to break up all that white space may also be nice.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me