Hydrangea leaves in autumn

paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
edited November 28, 2013 in Holy Macro
I'm spending a lot of my photography time these days on seeds and dessicated flowers and leaves, which is about all the outdoors yields around here right now. We have all sorts of hydrangeas, in part because the <expletive deleted> rabbits don't eat them. C&C welcome, as always. Illuminated with halogen floods. 50D, 60mm macro, stacked in Zerene with DMap.

2013-11-25-20.10.07%20ZS%20DMap-XL.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2013
    Wonderful result - love the colours and lighting
    Brian V.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    Thanks, Brian. I have received several comments telling me to reshoot it to include the entire twig down to the right-hand leaf, but I think that would damage the composition by adding too much empty space and creating too much of a line down to the right, out of the frame. I also received a helpful suggestion to tone down the brightness of the twig at the left end, which I have done, but I didn't replace the image here.
    Wonderful result - love the colours and lighting
    Brian V.
  • DeeBugDeeBug Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    Nice capture Dan,i agree with Brian,nice lighting and colours!

Davy
  • ingleslenobelingleslenobel Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2013
    What I like about images like these is the edges - where the edge of light helps to separate out background dark against leaf dark. Nice
    New extreme macro site at http://extreme-macro.co.uk/ - why not try extreme macro for yourself?