Ideas for Multiple photo's with urls

DarkRockDarkRock Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited November 27, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am looking for ideas (as in approach) to deploy in one section of my home page multiple photo's each with a distinct url (pointing to another page on my site). So far, if I add a single photo with a url specified, I can't keep my positioning (ie next to the other photos with urls). I basically want the effect of a gallery view but with each photo pointing to a separate url.

I would prefer staying out of the custom html and css if possible.

TIA,

DarkRock aka Tim
5D MIII, 24-105mm L f4 IS, 70-300mm L f4 IS, 17-40mm L f4 USM, 50mm f1.4

Comments

• ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2013
    I'm not entirely following. What happens if you add in multiple photo blocks and set them next to or below/above each other? You should be able to do that.
  • DarkRockDarkRock Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    The problem is that when I add multiple photo's I cannot add a separate link for each photo.
    5D MIII, 24-105mm L f4 IS, 70-300mm L f4 IS, 17-40mm L f4 USM, 50mm f1.4

edited November 27, 2013
    Ah, sorry, my bad. I meant "multiple individual photo blocks". That would be the only way to add the links.
    edited November 27, 2013
    And regarding positioning, you should be able to drop each new photo block next to or above/below, the other photo blocks. Do you see the green bars appear as you move the block around on the page with the mouse? Sometimes they are hard to spot. Sometimes even though I want to drop the block next to a small block on the left side, the green bar shows up on the far far right border of the entire window. That would be the place to drop it.
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    DarkRock wrote: »
    I am looking for ideas (as in approach) to deploy in one section of my home page multiple photo's each with a distinct url (pointing to another page on my site). So far, if I add a single photo with a url specified, I can't keep my positioning (ie next to the other photos with urls). I basically want the effect of a gallery view but with each photo pointing to a separate url.

I would prefer staying out of the custom html and css if possible.

TIA,

DarkRock aka Tim

If I understand you correctly (quite possibly do not), you can create the Pages you want, and include them on your home page in a "Pages" block (and specify 'pages i choose' so you can pick which ones).

Then, in each respective Page's settings box, choose a 'Feature Image' (that one will appear on the home page).

These images will all appear together. I'm not sure what determines their order (either the order they appear on Organize, or alphabetically).

You can see it in use on my (incomplete) site: brucejordan.smugmug.com

Apologies if I have underestimated what you are trying to accomplish.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley