Options

Question re: Breadcrumb

ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
edited November 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have one gallery (Recent) in an unlisted folder (Other) that I access from my menu.

Currently the breadcrumb looks like this --> Other > Recent

I should note that I have already used the CSS code that hid the HOME icon in the breadcrumb.

What I would like to do on this gallery only is hide the Other > so only the gallery name (Recent) shows.

I'm sure I saw a thread where someone shared the CSS code to do this, but can't for the life of me find it now that I need it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2013
    ghealy wrote: »
    I have one gallery (Recent) in an unlisted folder (Other) that I access from my menu.

Currently the breadcrumb looks like this --> Other > Recent

I should note that I have already used the CSS code that hid the HOME icon in the breadcrumb.

What I would like to do on this gallery only is hide the Other > so only the gallery name (Recent) shows.

I'm sure I saw a thread where someone shared the CSS code to do this, but can't for the life of me find it now that I need it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

My site had that code and it turned out to cause problems on HTML blocks. Now it could be that the code was not right, and good code does exist, and someone can give it to you, but someone gave me an alternative, which was to use a Title block. Not a menu or navbar block or a breadcrumb, at all. If you want the same format on all your galleries, put the title block on All Galleries. Then backspace out the title that populates there automatically (delete it entirely) when you drag it in, and save and publish. You *could* put in a specific title, but that would publish that title to every gallery. Leaving it blank and saving it that way will let each gallery title be accurate.

This gives you the title of the gallery at the top of every gallery.
    This is essentially what you're describing, right? You don't really need a breadcrumb to achieve this.
  • Options
    ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2013
    Thanks Chancy.

Actually, the solution I used was to move the gallery in question (Recent) up in the structure so it is just off the root. All is good (for now. )