Maverics and LR help

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited November 30, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
I installed the new mac OS Maverics 10.9. I seem to have resolved a
few hair pulling issues, but have one very important one left.

I am using LR 4.4 and after the Maverics install the develop module
sliders are all white. I need the color back!!

IE: All the color sliders within the individual color adjustments are now white
rather than show the appropriate color for each slider.

Any Ideas?

Sam

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    Google: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807019

I'd just buy LR5, it's totally worth it. It's available for $79 right now.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Google: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807019

I'd just buy LR5, it's totally worth it. It's available for $79 right now.

At least do the trial download of LR5.3 and see if that does the trick.

So many good things in 5.x.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2013
    Thanks, Andy and Don,

I have purchased and installed LR5 and this did solve the colored slider issue. At first glance it doesn't look any different than LR4 but once I get into it a little further I am sure the new features will show themselves.

Now I have two (identified) remaining issues.

First is the new Activity Monitor. I ether have a corrupted version or this is a big piece of doggy doo.

Is this what it is supposed to look like? All the graphics, pie chart etc are gone, and I can't chose between disks. :cry

i-DJdVwLh-S.jpg

The last issue in my Wifi. It has left the building. I remember the last time this happened I need to take one very unintuitive step in order to recreate my network.

I have a 2009 Mac Pro with an internal Wifi / air / thingy.

Does anyone know about this secret step??

Sam
    edited November 29, 2013
    Update:

After 2+ hours on the phone with Apple I have my Wifi back!!!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sam

PS: Don't ask
    edited November 30, 2013
    Everyday it's a new adventure.......................Now SuperDuper ain't working, and I have no idea what the backup status is. I have a RAID 1 back up external enclosure that creates two identical copies of all my images from my internal RAID 0 setup.

It got half way through and stopped with a fail notice????

I am now using finder to copy and paste all the photo files on an additional external backup drive.

Color me nervous!!!! I have always been comfortable knowing I had 4 copies of all image files.

My RAID 0 disks seem good, no issues, but I really need at least one solid backup!!!!

My computer says this is a 6 hour task. Good think I have my Wifi back.

Sam
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    Everyday it's a new adventure.......................Now SuperDuper ain't working, and I have no idea what the backup status is. I have a RAID 1 back up external enclosure that creates two identical copies of all my images from my internal RAID 0 setup.

It got half way through and stopped with a fail notice????

I am now using finder to copy and paste all the photo files on an additional external backup drive.

Color me nervous!!!! I have always been comfortable knowing I had 4 copies of all image files.

My RAID 0 disks seem good, no issues, but I really need at least one solid backup!!!!

My computer says this is a 6 hour task. Good think I have my Wifi back.

Sam

Sam, I am running SuperDuper, latest version, with no issues under 10.9.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited November 30, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Sam, I am running SuperDuper, latest version, with no issues under 10.9.

Don

I have no clue. Maybe I am being punished for something I did? headscratch.gif
    Once I have my images backed up I will delete all versions of SuperDuper and download a fresh install.

My Spectra View calibration software also wouldn't work, but after re-downloading it's back to normal.

Sam
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited November 30, 2013
    You are not alone Sam.

My new ( less than 2 weeks old ) MBP with Mavericks, locked itself into a demand for passwords that I never configured for Keychain. I didn't want them nor need them. But Mavericks was convinced I had and did, and demanded them, and refused to allow me to use my MBP until I provided what I had never set up. Arghhh!

I spent two hours yesterday with Apple support, getting it sorted out.

I got the definite impression that I was not alone in this issue, so maybe it is not really ready for prime time yet. We will see….

Good luck, Sam and others.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited November 30, 2013
    pathfinder wrote: »
    You are not alone Sam.

My new ( less than 2 weeks old ) MBP with Mavericks, locked itself into a demand for passwords that I never configured for Keychain. I didn't want them nor need them. But Mavericks was convinced I had and did, and demanded them, and refused to allow me to use my MBP until I provided what I had never set up. Arghhh!

I spent two hours yesterday with Apple support, getting it sorted out.

I got the definite impression that I was not alone in this issue, so maybe it is not really ready for prime time yet. We will see….

Good luck, Sam and others.

Jim,

Unfortunately I went down the rabbit hole and no matter how dark or scary I don't think I have any choice but to make this home.:cry

Sam