Options

Gallery Styles

ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
edited December 7, 2013 in SmugMug Support
When I migrated to the New Smugmug, I kept the standard SmugMug gallery Style (Multiple thumbnails with one larger image on the right. I have since unveiled. And of course I continue to tweak my design.

I have decided that I prefer the new landscape collage style better and wish to convert all my galleries to that style.

So off I went to Customize --> Customize Entire Site --> Settings --> Design Settings --> Gallery style --> Collage Landscape. Click 'Save'. Click 'Done. Click 'Publish Now'. And. . .

Rien!, Nada!, Nothing!!!

Is there no way to apply gallery settings to multiple galleries in this new SmugMug?

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2013
    Customize > Choose a New Site Design should do the trick.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »

Thanks, Zac. Try it and it didn't work. Probably because I chose my current copy of Dina theme

If I choose a completely new design, will I lose all my CSS tweaks?

TIA for your help.
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2013
    ghealy wrote: »
    Is there no way to apply gallery settings to multiple galleries in this new SmugMug?
    You can apply gallery settings on a per folder basis in Organizer: open the Organizer, navigate to the folder that contains the galleries that you want to change so that they populate the main part of the screen, select the galleries as required (to choose one-by-one hold down the Ctrl key while clicking them with the mouse, or hit the "Select All" button if you want to change them all), then click the "Settings" button. This should bring up the Bulk Gallery Settings, where you should open the "Appearance" tab. Activate the Gallery Style chooser by clicking in the square to the left of where it says "Gallery Style", choose a Gallery Style, save your way out and you're done, with no need to faff with changing site designs.

bulkgallerysettings-O.jpg
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2013
    Worked like a charm, Beardedgit. Help very much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2013
    ghealy wrote: »
    Worked like a charm, Beardedgit. Help very much appreciated.
    You're welcome thumb.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited November 28, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that choosing a new default gallery style only works if the galleries are set to default style - galleries that are locked into a style are not changed.

This isn't always obvious - maybe the dialog should include a note indicating that the default style does not override explicitly selected styles.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2013
    I think the problem is that choosing a new default gallery style only works if the galleries are set to default style - galleries that are locked into a style are not changed.

This isn't always obvious - maybe the dialog should include a note indicating that the default style does not override explicitly selected styles.

--- Denise

Denise: in my case, it appears that those galleries I had created prior to migrating that were Smugmug style, did not convert when I chose my new design post migration-post unveiling. Any galleries created after migration but prior to unveiling appeared as Smugmug Style but post unveiling I think doing what Lindy suggested may have changed them to the new collage landscape style.

That being said, beardedgit's advise of using the Bulk Gallery Settings was exactly what I needed.
  • Options
    TipiWalterTipiWalter Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2013
    Beardedgit---I have a question. I was looking at your Wild Camping galleries and notice your gallery captions are below and spaced properly, plus the caption is allowed to be long enough to include more info.

Here's an example of a gallery page on my site and I just can't figure out how to separate the galleries and make the captions like yours. And I hate the gray shading over my captions. Thanks.

http://tipiwalter.smugmug.com/Backpacking2013-1
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2013
    TipiWalter wrote: »
    Beardedgit---I have a question. I was looking at your Wild Camping galleries and notice your gallery captions are below and spaced properly, plus the caption is allowed to be long enough to include more info.

Here's an example of a gallery page on my site and I just can't figure out how to separate the galleries and make the captions like yours. And I hate the gray shading over my captions. Thanks.

Wow! You've amassed a fine collection of beard pics on your site thumb.gif

Regarding my folder layout etc... I needed an account above Basic to make it look that way. I can post or email all of my settings and CSS tweaks if you want.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    TipiWalter wrote: »

Tipi,

Check out Aaron M's customization hacks to learn how to make changes like you describe

http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Gallery