Street

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited December 18, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2013
    Three comments:

1) It feels a little dark on the right side where all the action is happening
    2) You missed the feet!

I know you're likely already aware of both of these, so...

3) Really nice concept.

The exposure can be fixed, but it's a shame the feet aren't there. It looks like there would have been enough room in the frame to have framed down slightly and still keep the mannequins whole. It can be frustrating to see a shot and just barely have time to react.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »
    Three comments:

2) You missed the feet!

3) Really nice concept.

The exposure can be fixed, but it's a shame the feet aren't there. It looks like there would have been enough room in the frame to have framed down slightly and still keep the mannequins whole. It can be frustrating to see a shot and just barely have time to react.

Nice shot, I'm glad to see some action on Documentary. I agree with Michswiss about the feet, but I also know how hard it is to see a shot without proper time to compose.

Well done!
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »
    Three comments:

2) You missed the feet!

3) Really nice concept.

Juano wrote: »
    Nice shot, I'm glad to see some action on Documentary. I agree with Michswiss about the feet, but I also know how hard it is to see a shot without proper time to compose.

Well done!

Thank you for your comments! You both may be right but there are only two reasons a woman will look into a shop window.
    One is to check her own profile the other is to see if she can fit into the latest fashion.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 3, 2013
    Fun shot, but I have to agree about the feet and exposure. I'm not dogmatic about amputations, but in this case I think it's a matter of matching the long legs and feet of the mannequins.

As for why women look into shop windows, I'm not going there. lol3.gif
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Fun shot, but I have to agree about the feet and exposure. I'm not dogmatic about amputations, but in this case I think it's a matter of matching the long legs and feet of the mannequins.

As for why women look into shop windows, I'm not going there. lol3.gif

Thanks for your Feedback Richard! I wonder if I should go back to 35mm lens?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 3, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    Thanks for your Feedback Richard! I wonder if I should go back to 35mm lens?
    Well, I don't know what you were shooting with, but I often try to shoot a little wider than the image I have in mind and crop if appropriate. At least when I have time to think about it. mwink.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    Thank you for your comments! You both may be right but there are only two reasons a woman will look into a shop window.
    One is to check her own profile the other is to see if she can fit into the latest fashion.

There's a third, to see whose watching her !

Don't you like feet ? rolleyes1.gif