Options

Duplicate content blocks and organizing to see the latest gallery

TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited December 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a content block with folders galleries and pages. I want to add a 2nd content block, when i do, all the folders and galleries get duplicated. I want it empty. What I want is the upper content block to be the latest galleries, the lower block is all my folders and galleries. For example i may have a folder of birthdays in the lower block. I put then new birthday gallery in the the birthday folder in the lower content block but they create a dynamic gallery in the upper block called latest galleries. Suggestions on ways to organize the latest galleries vs the old stuff

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2013
    You need to specify/choose the specific folders and galleries you want.
    Click the wrench on the top left color bar corner, to select what you want.
    Adding a folder or gallery block starts off with all of them by default, then you customize to limit them.
  • Options
    TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    You need to specify/choose the specific folders and galleries you want.
    Click the wrench on the top left color bar corner, to select what you want.
    Adding a folder or gallery block starts off with all of them by default, then you customize to limit them.

i am going backwards, i go to customize site to add a block but its site wide, want it only for the one page.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    Any page, folder or gallery that you want to customize by itself, on the right you should see "Make this .... Custom".
    Click that.

Now before adding anything make sure "Just this ...." is highlighted, not "entire site", "all folders", etc.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    3photos3photos Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 3, 2013
    Can you take a customized folder back to the gallery wide settings?
    Allen wrote: »
    Any page, folder or gallery that you want to customize by itself, on the right you should see "Make this .... Custom".
    Click that.

Now before adding anything make sure "Just this ...." is highlighted, not "entire site", "all folders", etc.

Two questions please:
    I customized a folder by itself but now would like to return it to the fold and apply the site-wide settings. Is there a way to 'uncustomize' a folder (or gallery)?

Inside each of my main folders, I have a navigation menu across the top -- is there a way to add links to the folders inside that main folder without customizing each of the main folders separately?

Thanks!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited December 3, 2013
    3photos wrote: »
    Two questions please:
    I customized a folder by itself but now would like to return it to the fold and apply the site-wide settings. Is there a way to 'uncustomize' a folder (or gallery)?

Inside each of my main folders, I have a navigation menu across the top -- is there a way to add links to the folders inside that main folder without customizing each of the main folders separately?
    To uncustomize a folder (or gallery), click the X on "Just the folder".

If you want to add links to a menu and have it apply to all folders then you might want to place your menu on "entire site", not in each folder.

--- Denise